Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Advertising

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2005 at 11:46am

Don't kid yourself Steamer,it's not so much the name "Sears" so much as customers  hearing that steamer does a good job

where I live the Sears name was mud,therefore they're CC's are no more.

as far as advertising it's tough for me to say with me living in such a different area

100,000 flyers and I'd be sending them to outlying cities as well

population is only 80,000 here

As an o/o I can easily cover my advertising cuz in the last year and a half I've only spent $85 a month on a yellow page ad.The rest has been WOM and referral

but I do alot of commercial work as well which was a matter of pounding the pavement

You should have no troubles charging what Sears does or more,usually it's more in your head than the customers.......I know it took me a while to get over that hurdle

but again it boils down to what your geographical market will bear

Sponsored Links

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2005 at 11:05am

If you you would charge what Sears pays you as a sub, and ad a little personality to your service, you can send Sears packing in a matter of a few years. Get a partner with 2 trucks, now you have 4, then 5, then 6 then 8........soon you will be able to buy Kleenkuip and kick all of us off of here.

Nightrider

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2005 at 8:47am

They more than make it back...everytime... but it's name "Sears" they get calls left right and center once a mailing goes out with a coupon..

There are people giving away services at half the price and still will never get the calls that Sears or ServiceMaster get...

It's the name they trust... I have a great plan but they still might not call me.... no matter how attractive my ad looks or what bonus specials I run.

I can use my database... but I don't want to target there customers, right away they'll be looking for a way cheaper price...

Do you know how many times a day those a-hole customers approach me to do a whole house for 20 or 30 bucks and cancel the sears call.. They all figure we get paid 7 bucks an hour...lol

www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2005 at 7:31am
Mr. Steamer:  I am not sure but I think there is kind of a rule of thumb for advertising. It may be 10% of gross. I am not exactly sure. Can you not kind of use yours sears data base as a start?Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2005 at 7:05am

Steamin... it's not for them it's for me, going to make a go of it this season. 

I don't know why because I get all the Sears jobs in my area, both of my trucks work everyday....There are no other subs in my area to compete with.. I make great money and nothing is more than 30 mins from my home...

now I'm looking at advertising to only 1/5th of the homes in my area for myself.  The advertising cost are high, this was the reason I started subbing in the first place... had to put in another phone line, might even have to get someone to answer the phone...

is it worth it?????

Let me ask you O/O's do you pull enough every month to cover your advertising????and eat and sleep in peace

www.mr-steamer.com
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2005 at 12:47am

so you're a sub contractor and you have to pay for their advertising???

sounds like a good deal

Edited by Steaminpile
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2005 at 11:31pm

My own area... where no where will take me longer than 15 min to get to..

Thats why I started with 100,000 homes all with a 15min radius....

www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2005 at 5:50pm
Rome wasn't built in a day. Target market.Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2005 at 5:20pm

Now I remember why I sub... 100, 000 homes is nothing...I need 500,00 homes to compete... I'll have to do at least the whole year so I might get brand recognition.....

it takes dollars

www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2005 at 5:14pm
Mr. Steamer:  I am in a very small area I wouild have to pay that much for a circulation of quarter of  that many house holds.Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2005 at 5:12pm
but what do you think about the price doug???
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2005 at 4:58pm
Art work?  Supply your own art work we usually do so it is consistant. You don't want every cleaner's ad to look the same.Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2005 at 4:12pm
Thanks for the input SGK... I have a meeting with the lady tomorrow... I'll try but 1.7 cents was pretty low... they do all the artwork the printing and the suffing and the mailing... I just sign the checks
www.mr-steamer.com
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2005 at 4:08pm
Too much. Offer them less. We get that many offered to us here in Calgary for around a penny each($1000), not the 1.7 cents they are offering you.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>