Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

PRICE FIXING OR STANDARD RATES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PRICE FIXING OR STANDARD RATES
    Posted: 15/March/2004 at 9:44pm

The only reason I said price fixing was to get your attention. Most other business have set prices for services provided. If you call all the plumbers in the yellow pages the all charge an hour travelling time and a fixed hourly rate plus parts. Same goes for electricians, dentists ,hairdressers, lawncare companies, mechanics ( garages) carpenters, painters, roofers, and so on.

We are the only industry that goes around cutting each others throat just to say " Thats my customer " and walk away with our head bowed low, holding on to a fist full devalued currency.

The aches and pains in our back, knees, and arms drown out the rumble of our empty stomach as we load up and head on to our next job.

We have to do something about getting together and have some set rules and prices. The customers are playing us for the fools we are. They are the winners here. The money they save, they go have a freakin nice supper with. That's our food they're eating, we paid for that bottle of wine, that's our monet that they just gave to the waiter as a generious tip. While we munch on a hot dog they're munching on a Filet Minon Steak.

Stand up and be counted and lets fix a rate chart, and abide to it, don't bend, let our personalities and skills and knowledge get us the customers.

JACK        NIGHTRIDER  EVERY MAN CANNOT BE A LEADER BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN HE CANNOT LEAD THE WAY.....ALL THESE QUOTES ARE MY OWN IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING

Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2004 at 9:47pm
Let me tell you there be alot of dirty carpet...people don't have to clean....this is not an oil cartel...we have to buy gas....I've had customers that haven't cleaned their carpets in 30 YEARS......
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2004 at 9:48pm
Jock that is the first smart thing I have heard you say to date. Great Idea, hope the other guys will stand up and pay attention.
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2004 at 9:48pm
I had a man in my home town want to convert from TM to OP, but I told him I wouldn't sell him a machine in my own home town, he asked why, I told him, "Your company name is ECONOMY CARPET CARE, change it and I will sell you a machine and you should charge at least .25 or .30 cents a foot. He is now Elite Carpet Care and use the OP, and has sold his TM. Ashley McKendree of Elite Carpet Care Kentucky... Is that kinda like price fixing?  LOL
Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
PRINCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRINCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 3:04am
Smart Man this Nightrider.........wish we had someone like him in my area........Knows what he's talking about......sounds very educated Please can you tell me how one would go about setting something like that up.
We have the cleaning solution that's right for you
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 7:50am
It sounds like your starting it right here. Keep talking about it, this may just happen.
greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 1:27pm
we charge by the sq. 23 to 28 cents.....fabri guard at 18 cents.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 4:19pm
Won't work...waste of time...price cutting will alway exist....no matter what you charge they'll be someone who charges less...and they'll do it just to get the business
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 6:17pm

That is very negitive thinking Mr. Steamer. Let's assume there are 25 real carpets cleaners in a given area, it's easy to seperate the men from the boys. Let us also assume 15 come on board, and 10 cut prices......the 10 will be cleaning 3 jobs to your every 1 and make the same money. It won't be long that they realize they are working for peanuts, and will give up the business because of the long hours and little pay. That is why there are so many used truckmounts and portables for sale. In the summer they is always a hand full of new carpet cleaners and window washer out there, but customers want a professional job, and will pay the extra costs. The ones that don't want to pay, let the amature have it.......do you want to clean a whole house for 49.95 If you do better you go flip hambergurs at McDonalds cause you are far from a businessman, you become a joke, and your customers will refer to you as the JOKER who cleanen my whole house for PEANUTS.

Jack         NIGHTRIDER   where men and boys are distinguished between who they are and what they want to be

greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 8:12pm
i agree 100% jack. i would be ashamed to be the cheapest guy in town.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 8:49pm

Sorry but people are aways looking for cheaper....I'm not the cheapest by a long shot....I don't drop my prices the higher the better....it keeps the rif and raf away...but there are people always telling my customers they can do it for less..

I tell them... if you want cheaper call that guy..I can't do it for less....

Bissell sold over 100,00 units last year yanno

PRINCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRINCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 11:16pm

hard to believe steamer......you refuse a buck. thats a good one

wait till nightrider reads this.........i want to see what he'll say.

are both of you friend now..........i don't read anymore cheapshots......you're not going soft are you.

We have the cleaning solution that's right for you
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 12:21pm

I totally agree to work smarter and not harder.

but as Mr. Steamer said,there will always be lowballers.

I'm just starting my second year in business for myself and every other day a new client will tell me how so and so will do it for "this much",or when handing them the bill they pull out a competitor's coupon  for "$85 whole house cleaning",and I ask how come they didn't call that guy.

Maybe I'm crazy being a fairly new biz but I tend not to budge,I know what I need to get to make the profit I want to make,therefore I charge what I charge.

I do try to remain friends with what I think are the most reputable cleaners in town and we tend to scratch each others backs instead of stabbing them.

Maybe we should form a Union,then the higher price cleaners would tend to be the ones willing to pay their dues.It'd be o.k. cuz I mean who else wants to discuss CC other than carpet cleaners

Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 4:03pm
Nightrider...This can happen if we were all members of the IICRC....like any union..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>