Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Stupid Americans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 2:34pm
My problem is more more city folk moving in. Most have never heard of cash or cheque.  They live in a plastic world.Guitar
Just My opinion
Sponsored Links

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 4:46pm
Cards that you deal on the phone with run 4.5%. Visa adds an additional 2% on, on top of that for the US $ to Cdn $ exchange. Thus 6.5%. The average business on sees 10% to 12% margin, so visa is taking more than half the profit. I have had enough of it.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 5:51pm
What are you saying that your are retiring?Guitar
Just My opinion
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 9:02pm
No, just going to take the dealers checks instead of their visa.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 9:04pm
I can remember dealing with co. where if you wanted to pay by visa they just added it on.Guitar
Just My opinion
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 9:08pm
That is illegal and would break the merchant agreement if you did it. Funny that you can say that you will give a discount for cash or cheque though.
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 9:27pm

I deal in Visa and M/C, American Express etc everyday I pay under 3% TOTAL. Must be a Ken thing.

Funny thing is Ken, your figures NEVER seem to match up with every elses. hummmm

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 9:53pm
No, it is a different company called Monaris that charges higher rates than in the USA, John. Down there, you actually have competition between Visa providers that keeps rates down. In Canada, we have no competition to do that. That is the difference.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 11:46pm
I have never heard of 6.5% for visa or M/C... amex 5% yes... you must run it through paypal or something
www.mr-steamer.com
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2005 at 12:01am
I hate plastic
A.K.A.
Andy
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2005 at 8:25am
Teh dollar is worth more in Calgary. It cost to convert into western dollars?Guitar
Just My opinion
surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2005 at 8:26am
There's always direct deposit...

Many of my commercial customers prefer this now-a-days.  I love it too!!!

Cheers,

Allen
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2005 at 1:02pm
Steamer: It is 4.5% for those merchants that use manuel paper deposits like I do. The other 2% you would never see if you don't deal in US$ like I do, because they add it on to the exchange rate charged at the time of purchase. This extra 2% is not charged if you got the money by check instead.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2005 at 1:58pm
so why would you do it manuel deposit??? isn't Tele deposit much better and save some percentage points????
www.mr-steamer.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>