Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Mr. Steamer claims low margins and...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mr. Steamer claims low margins and...
    Posted: 17/March/2004 at 2:06pm

Mr. Steamer claims low margins and high expenses...

Let’s look at supplier’s profit. An average carpet cleaner in the Ontario market does from 60 to 80 thousand dollars per year. Many do less. Carpet cleaners should spend approximately 3% of sales on chemicals. If an $80,000.00 carpet cleaner gave us half of his business that would be approx. $1,200 gross. If we made a 50% mark-up and I assure you that we do not. That would represent $600 profit per customer to pay employees rent taxes, vehicles, phones, etc…
Well you get the message.

So the next time you go to your supplier and he (she) looks busy don’t look at him as a guy to borrow money from.

Sponsored Links

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 2:30pm

I heard you were opening the KleenKuip Bank of Ontario......what's going on.......I had plans......come on Ted just this once........lend me 20,000 $

NIGHTRIDER

Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 2:54pm

Hello my name is Stanley. I run a truckmount, believe me the costs are high.

I pay around $1300 a month for my truck

$300 a month for just auto insurance

another 150 a month for liablity insurance

at least $1500 a month in gas

another 300-400 bucks a month in chemical on the average.

plus maybe at least another 150 for basic maintenance on both truck and mount for example oils, belts, hoses, o-rings etc...the small stuff just to keep the truck running..

now if anything else breaks thats on top.....

anyways around 3500 a month...that doesn't even include my salary.....advertising....office expenses

So Carpetologist everyone gets hit..... thats a lot of carpet to clean to cover those cost

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 3:25pm

STANLEY I HAVE  3 WORDS FOR YOU

GO   SEE  PADMAN

THANKS FOR COMMING

NIGHTRIDER

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 3:28pm

Stanley,

Thanks for your post. It is costly today to be in business without sufficient business. But if you live in Ontario I wouldn't mind a piece of that $300 to $400 dollars you spend on products per month.

Maybe we both could win.

Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 3:55pm
Ted it would be my pleasure
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 4:49pm

Ted alot of my work is sub work.....I've already had the blood sucked out of me...I got to find away to lower my cost...

I hear ya Stanley running a truck isn't cheap....look you'll see two repos on ted web site..

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 6:56pm

for the cleaners

RAISE YOUR PRICES!!!!!

IF operating costs are killing you it's time to do so.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2004 at 8:47am

No one said operating cost are killing them...but it's alot of money to spend....

Plus how high can't you raise them, before the customer starts to think about another cleaner???

Most Carpet Cleaners are looking for that one big kill...a whole lot of little kills have more of an impact

Post Reply Post Reply