Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

when?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: when?
    Posted: 08/March/2005 at 9:30pm

do you guys start sending out flyers,mailers etc. for the Spring season??

or do you ever stop?

I know Steamer has already sent out his.................but I'm thinking in the next couple of weeks

A.K.A.
Andy
Sponsored Links

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2005 at 9:47pm
Easter.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Lisa Smith View Drop Down
Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2005 at 9:53pm

I don't send out flyers or postcards or newsletters or any of that stuff. I work on referrals and repeats- they don't cost me a penny.

Started out establishing myself with some local real estate offices, did the best work in the area at a fair price. Realtors will refer you and use you again and again if you do right by them. Then the homeowners would use me, the neighbors, the other realtors in the office...on and on and on. I've never done any advertising that was worth what it cost me. Repeats and referrals are the way to go.

Take care,

Lisa

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2005 at 10:13pm

yeah but what about running a second truck?

busy enough by myself,but there's a Cleanco in my shop that wants to suck rug

A.K.A.
Andy
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2005 at 10:55pm
Andy, you are doing the right thing. It is easy enough keeping 1 truck busy by repeats or refferals, but keeping most multi-truck operations going steady usually requires a marketing program to do it, especially up here in Canada where cleaning carpets at minus 20 degrees or so is not a top priority with most people.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2005 at 11:31pm

Normally they get sent out end of March for April..... But I got a Deal by Sending them out one month early... actually I'm glad.. I've book 41 and counting.. so next year I'll start for end of Feb for March...

people are itching for spring

www.mr-steamer.com
Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2005 at 11:40pm

Yes, I only run one truck, and I will never own more than one truck. I would rather raise my prices than add employees and a second truck. Employees cost more money and headaches than they are worth. Better to have a high end biz with one truck than a lowball or even value priced outfit with multi trucks... At least for me. I'm no manager.

No advertising, low overhead, no payroll, flexibility, personal service, loyal clients....why would I want to run more trucks? I love being an owner / operator.

Take care,

Lisa

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2005 at 11:42pm
Mrs Lisa Greenie... what about Mr. Greenies truck??? does he have one two???
www.mr-steamer.com
Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2005 at 11:50pm

Nope. He was a padder before he came to Cali. He came from Hawaii where they do a lot more VLM cleaning. I bathed him in the hot steam of truckmount extraction.

Take care,

Lisa

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2005 at 11:51pm
Lisa smith Greenie... or Lisa Greenie Smith??? I like the latter
www.mr-steamer.com
Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2005 at 11:54pm

How about Greenie Smith?

;-)

Take care,

Lisa

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2005 at 11:59pm
so no baby??? how about a pet???
www.mr-steamer.com
Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2005 at 12:01am

We have a cat, a snake and assorted fish.

We'll just be happy to pull the marriage thing off! lol...why drag more innocents into the mix?!

Take care,

Lisa

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2005 at 12:41am
The Brady Bunch! The Brady Bunch!
www.mr-steamer.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>