Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

when?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2005 at 1:15am

Steamer can you ever stay on topic???

you're all over the spectrum, this thread deals with some serious information.

Steamin how many flyers do you send out??

Sponsored Links

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2005 at 1:33am

30,000 at a pop in the paper (has worked before)

but I really didn't do much advertising at all last year

A.K.A.
Andy
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2005 at 6:43am
Steamer which area did your flier's hit in the GTA.  I have not received one?
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2005 at 6:55am

Adwa... you started that flier thread...lol I ain't Tellin

ok west of Toronto

www.mr-steamer.com
greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2005 at 1:22pm
i'm with lisa, we work on referrals & repeats as well. we do send reminders to high end clients works well for us.
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2005 at 4:48pm

how many vans you running on referrals???

I keep myself as busy as I want to be,,,,quite often busier.

I would like enough business for keeping 2 vans busy and eventually 3 then 4 then...........

lets face it,a 1 man show when you're ready to sell the biz is worth as much as the equipment and that's about it

A.K.A.
Andy
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2005 at 4:56pm

Employees are a bitch though.....and subs are theives..

who runs your other van???? and who would run van 3 and 4

My brother runs my other van... but I wouldn't trust anyone else... I trust in his cleaning abilities since he's cleaned with me all his life. 

good tech's are far and few

www.mr-steamer.com
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2005 at 5:04pm

looking at hiring a guy that I used to work with or the guy that used to be the local sears bitch

I know,I've seen tech's come and go over the years but how else can a business grow?

basically I want to send someone to clean the apartments and commercial that I do so that I can focus on increasing my residential

I'm also quite happy being an O/O but I'm just trying to look towards the future

A.K.A.
Andy
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2005 at 5:11pm

Hey Steamin have you ever thought about franchising????? selling of areas that are too far to service???  Thats the route I would like to take..

150,000 will give you 500,000 home area plus truck... Mr.Steamer approved advertising and 13% franchise fee

www.mr-steamer.com
Lisa Smith View Drop Down
Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2005 at 1:14am

Andy,

The way to retire as a onee man show is to continue to raise prices as you become to busy to handle the additional work, money needs to be invested as you work into a retirement / investment account which matures at retirement age. You also need to put some of the profit into good disability insurance.

Then when you are ready to retire you can sell the biz for the price of the equipment and maybe get a few bucks for your database, or you can give the biz to a child or relative. The money for retirement comes from your investments, not from the sale of the biz or from the profits you glean off the biz.

Some people love the challenge of managing and running a multi truck operation...but many, like me, want nothing to do with it. I like the control I have over my biz. I like the relationships I have with my clients. I like not having a payroll, workmans comp (here in California WC is currently 32%), worrying about whether my techs will show, do the job well, behave themselves, impress the custy's, etc....is too much for me to worry about. I like my simple life. I also like the low overhead...sure is nice in the lean months!

But you can successfully go either way...just make sure you go the way which best suits your personality and talents.

Take care,

Lisa

Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2005 at 1:25am

trust me

I've been undecided whether or  not to expand

I DO get busier than I can handle alone at times but it was never in my business plan to be a multi truck business.

I worked for the largest  CC co. in town and I do NOT want to run things the way he does

that much I know for sure.

A.K.A.
Andy
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2005 at 7:30am

Steamin.... I'm almost a one man show.... I hand all the faxes that come in.. I print the jobs on respected invoice depend on who's job it is... I divide and route them..  I have to do authorizations... These are the things I do for just subbbing...

If I an do that for them I can do that for me, you get used to the high pace...

Lisa is right about investment.... but still your business has to be worth something more than just equipment when your done.

You have to look at it from a newbies point of view, Steamings Cleaning is a set-up well oil money making machine.... you've all ready done all the foot work, and made all the mistakes.... Who ever gets it after is on easy street...that has to be worth something... even in a one man show.

You should always be looking to build something you can sell...JMO

www.mr-steamer.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12