Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

any advice starting out??please!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2005 at 11:27am

SAMPLE FLYER COOPER...

http://tinyurl.com/77njo

Sponsored Links

JCOOPER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCOOPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2005 at 11:35am

thanks john,i like the kid and wife...yours?

JCOOPER
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2005 at 11:45am
Some people need to get a different avatar.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
JCOOPER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCOOPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2005 at 12:05pm
whats avatar????????????????????????????????
JCOOPER
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2005 at 2:26pm
Ya. Someone needs to get a wand with a glide on it.
JCOOPER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCOOPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2005 at 2:41pm

the plastic thing you can put under my wand?

hows it help?whats it use?how much$$$?

give me some more tricks...

JCOOPER
Phoenixcarpet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenixcarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2005 at 6:12pm
i got it off my web site.  It was a phone call from a large hotel downtown.
Rick/Magic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick/Magic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2005 at 6:23pm
jcooper...first of all, don't waste your time and money passing out flyers to apartments...the management has the carpets cleaned...and believe me, you don't want to get into apartments...they are the cheapest clowns to deal with...you might want to try some form of coupon mail out such as Advo, Money Mailer...or what ever you have in your home town...try and target the more upper income areas...you can accually get the mail outs printed and mailed for as little as 4- cents each...and the mailing company does all the work for you...you just approve the ad and let them mail it for you (since you would be in a packet with other businesses, it is a whole lot less expensive and it has always worked for me...one tip, SAVE the names addresses and phone numbers of the customers that you have already cleaned and start building your own mail list...that's what I do and have done for the last 15 yrs...I spend less than $500 per year and am always busy from a list of about 600 clients...repeat business is what makes you successful...

As for what to put in you ads...keep it simple, don't mention any other carpet cleaner or how bad they are...just praise what you do...and entice the customer to act NOW... I put in things like "3 rooms $75.00...FREE hallway"...5 rooms $125.00 FREE hallway...ALWAYS title the ad as SPRING CLEANING SPECIALS...SUMMER CLEANING SPECIALS...etc...you might want to also say things like "Owner does the cleaning" and "No hidden charges...the price I quote you is the price you pay"...hope this helps...good luck!!!
25 years of cleaning carpet
and my back hurts
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2005 at 10:27pm

What rick saids sounds good to me..... Cheap Adverts bring Cheap clients, it's very important to look professional...

Don't be afraid to offer a money back guarantee ...

FREE FREE FREE is also always nice....

if you got the money or can get the money go big they pay-offs come in much faster...

I myself just started to advertise for the first time...it is very costy but the returns are great... I have managed to at least break even every time.

Only thing I do say is if your doing a mass advert... be prepared to do alot of work if you get mass response... personally I've become overwhelmed with work didn't realize I would have booked so many calls in such a short time...,

www.mr-steamer.com
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2005 at 10:34pm

So what you're saying Steamer is that you are working hard, booking alot of jobs, out every day, burning all your gas, wasting all your time to make money for the company that printed your flyers, and other advertising............good business move........great philosophy................you're on your way to be Toronto's greatest business-man.........ALL THAT EFFORT, TIME AND SWEAT........JUST TO BREAK EVEN EVERY TIME

WHAT A GREAT POST FOR OTHERS TO STAY AWAY FROM THE FLYER IDEA...........I'VE SAID IT BEFORE.........THEY DON'T WORK, NEVER DID WORK........NEVER WILL WORK

NIGHTRIDER

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2005 at 10:40pm

breaking even in march and April is actually amazing.... the season doesn't really start until may.....

it works Nightrider... you make new customers... and get referals  every contact you make will be yours for life if you can treat then right and do a good job....

it's called exposure... you have to build... and building cost money..

I booked over 100 calls in 3 days....

I'm going to give good service... and those are going to turn into referals..

eventually I'll scale back but for now I'm pumping the ads

www.mr-steamer.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2005 at 10:41pm

Nightrider,

Callin' 'em as he sees 'em.

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2005 at 10:44pm

he's right if you don't have the deep pockets... you'll go broke..

I don't have the deep pockets but it's a chance I'm willing to take

www.mr-steamer.com
OCC Boss View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCC Boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2005 at 10:51pm

Great advise for the new-bie NIGHTRIDER!! Smart'en up!! Don't be a jerk!!

You started once to.

H8 DIRT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>