Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Some lady asked me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dontlikedennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2005 at 12:04pm
you have to pay more for a e-mail link or web site link on the 411 web site but the regular listing is free (included)
Sponsored Links

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2005 at 1:18pm
Ran a 1/4 page yp ad in the late 80's.. cost was $450month.. lost $2000 on it...
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2005 at 2:22pm

I only pay $85 a month on my wee lil YP ad.

even it barely pays for itself

yet I have more than enough work to keep one van busy

referrals are much cheaper

as for the realtor book,I tried it last year and it paid for itself,but the coupons for 10% off that I give to Century 21 every month for all new buyers are much cheaper and generate more phone calls

A.K.A.
Andy
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2005 at 2:50pm

I never had much luck with realtors. Too cheap

greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2005 at 11:13am
your right cmaster. they always want to know whats in it for them if they do bizz with you.
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2005 at 11:06pm
I don't think you've found the right ones.... I work with a few and they are great
www.mr-steamer.com
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2005 at 11:11pm
It must be your charming personality Steamer.
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2005 at 2:05am

Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

I don't think you've found the right ones.... I work with a few and they are great

I have a few good ones too, but most are looking for a deal. A way cheap deal.

Rick/Magic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick/Magic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2005 at 11:46am
jcooper...NO!!!...don't pay for a real estate agent's listings...that's like some of these companies who want you to put an ad on a Burger King paper placemat that they put on the trays...good for them...bad for you...I personally don't deal with real estate agents (with the exception of 1 or2)...they get a house to sell and want you to drop everything and clean it right away...and want you to drive to their office to pick up the key...and then go and clean the house...and then bring the key back to them as soon as you finish the job...then they want a discount on the price...and then they want to hold off paying you for 3-6 months...they will never tell you that the power and water is turned off at the house...or that the house is trashed ...or the people have not finished moving their furniture out...real estate agents are some of the most inconsiderate people to try to deal with...I have a couple that I deal with, but they know how I expect to be treated and as long as they deal with me the way I want, I'll keep cleaning for them...the others I wouldn't give the time of day to...
25 years of cleaning carpet
and my back hurts
JCOOPER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCOOPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2005 at 5:04pm

nice.thanks magic rick

so screw them.how do you advertise?

JCOOPER
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2005 at 5:10pm

Originally posted by Rick/Magic Rick/Magic wrote:

jcooper...NO!!!...don't pay for a real estate agent's listings...that's like some of these companies who want you to put an ad on a Burger King paper placemat that they put on the trays...good for them...bad for you...I personally don't deal with real estate agents (with the exception of 1 or2)...they get a house to sell and want you to drop everything and clean it right away...and want you to drive to their office to pick up the key...and then go and clean the house...and then bring the key back to them as soon as you finish the job...then they want a discount on the price...and then they want to hold off paying you for 3-6 months...they will never tell you that the power and water is turned off at the house...or that the house is trashed ...or the people have not finished moving their furniture out...real estate agents are some of the most inconsiderate people to try to deal with...I have a couple that I deal with, but they know how I expect to be treated and as long as they deal with me the way I want, I'll keep cleaning for them...the others I wouldn't give the time of day to...

roy dudley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy dudley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2005 at 7:20pm
 The yellow pages has been real good for me I get about 6 to 10 jobs a month off the add, it is a 2 inch add  cost 125.00 a month, a full page add would cost 4000.00 a month.  I think the yp are a good way to start, but a small add will do and put something in the add that is diff from the others.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2005 at 8:15pm

That big yellow book.... no one uses it anymore just to hold up the couch...lol

people only turn to the yellow pages as a last resort when they can't find anyone or get a referral from someone

www.mr-steamer.com
Rick/Magic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick/Magic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2005 at 9:48pm
jcooper...there are a lot of ways to advertise that don't cost that much and will pay off some...you mentioned flyers...try door hangers...your printer will know what they are...a good time to put them out is when you finish a job in a neighborhood...take a few minutes and put door hangers on all the houses on the street where you just cleaned...you will aready have a reference on that street...you can also get some of those plastic signs made up to put on telephone poles (hint...have them made with hunter green letters on yellow background...that's is the most easily seen to the human eye)...if you do that, keep it simple...the more you put on the sign, the smaller the lettering is...just put your company name and phone number and something like "honest carpet cleaning"...I am not a fan of yellow pages...never worked out for me...I have always did well with direct mail or "marrage mail"...I'm sure you have mail packets where you live and they can be very effective...you can also target what area you want to clean in...they will usually have the city divided up into 4-8 areas and you can choose which ones you would like to go into...next time you get one in the mail, check the fine print...it will usually have the info to contact the people who are doing the mail out...and they are always looking for new customers...they will do all the lay out and print for you and it only cost about 4-6 cents per piece...and in case you don't already have it, get a cell phone and call fowarding on your company phone (my home phone is my business phone too)...when you leave out every day, foward your phone to your cell phone and you won't miss any calls...it's much better than an answering machine
25 years of cleaning carpet
and my back hurts
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>