Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

What makes a forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What makes a forum
    Posted: 20/March/2004 at 12:21pm

What makes a forum....if we all agree and we all knew everything man life would be boring.......

I just thought it would be fun to taken an opposing side...if you can't argue bothside you can't call yourself a debator....

Truthfully....take the classes....

Ted must have died when I said buy bulk knock off  chemicals.....not a good idea

It was good to see all the post...all the action...all the excitement...

I really don't want to give away my identity but if you know me I'm professional to the core...

For Ted's sake I'll coral myself with the rest of the sheep  baaa baaa

Edited by MR. STEAMER
Sponsored Links

greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2004 at 12:45pm
YA KNOW MR STEAMER I KNEW YOU AND JACK WERE NICE GUYS UNDER ALL THAT ROUGH TALK. AND YOUR RIGHT WE WON'T ALL AGREE ALL THE TIME BUT LETS TRY AND BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.... SHOW ME THE LOVE 
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2004 at 3:16pm

I love the IICRC but it's the things you hear....let me give you an example

Things are said all through the cleaning world,  I keep my ear to the ground and its things that I'm going to tell you that really bother me....

You know the last leather class held here in Toronto, 600 dollars per person class.  It was held at a Interior Care's facility, (if you don't know interior care they do a lot of the highend carpets for the Jewish community and lot of politicians and public stars here in toronto).  I think 8 people signed up for the class, by the way not one of Interior care's people sign up and they have about 15 employees..

Back to my story, 4800 dollars seems to be a good draw for a class of 8...and with the rental of the room for 3 days(very little, much cheaper than a hotel conference room), the instructor who taught the class(x amount of dollars)...

The sponcers of the class could only afford to buy 3 for 1 pizza for the class on the first day.  There are some people that will claim that they don't make any money off the courses......

when I got this information from one of the course participants I was shocked.

I'll always believe there should be an indusrty standard, but I feel bad when my fellow brothers in the industry are taken for a ride.  

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2004 at 3:44pm

3 for 1 Pizza as a lunch......how much did these classes cost...........NOW THAT"S CHEAP.............come on guys, you want your students to promote IICRC and to act like pro's......when you turn around and slap them in the face feeding them  CRAP................Doesn't say much for your course from the IICRC........Maybe you're teaching them all CRAP too.

Jack          NIGHTRIDER 

LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2004 at 4:27pm

That was not an IICRC class.

There are so many inaccuracies it isn't funny.

Bottom line and I know:

No profit for the hosts or sponsors.

Believe it.

Airfare, hotel 4 days, transport (to and fro) from Winnipeg of two trunks weighing over 400lbs), per diem, 2 manuals each person (16 x $8.00 plus tax), rental of space, shop supplies(lots of dyes, kits, finishes, cushions), instructors fee, advertising, food (which Gloria and Linda made on other days), snacks and furniture rental (we were spraying dyes).

Interior Care was supposed to have 2-3 attend and then cancelled because they had too many calls to do as a result of the January floods.

You don't know what you are talking about.

THE ONLY ONE WHO MAKES ANY MONEY IS THE INSTRUCTOR.

greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2004 at 4:32pm
know i agree with that story mr steamer. if i'm paying 600 hundred bucks for a course i would expect more. alot more!
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2004 at 5:13pm

LeeS thats why I asked...this is what I heard...I know it wasn't IICRC related, but just wanted to bring forth my point..... I'm not asking you to spell out all your cost, but don't say you lost money either.

I'm glad that Ed York is here, maybe he could address some of my concerns in the industry...

See things are not always what they seem to be....Everyone thinks I'm a no talent, non educated idiot, But I also pay attention to everything that goes on in my industry.  How do you think I found out some people where dissapointed.

When it comes to cleaning I know everyone.....six degrees of seperation.

Don't feel bad money was made to BE MADE

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2004 at 4:44am
this forum is pretty quiet....lol
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2004 at 7:34am

Mr. Steamer you are right, things are not what them seem. You had some validated points on the IICRC that you wanted addressed and as a member your right to expect an answer.

Before you slander a course, the teacher, the staff and the sponsors of the course. You should at less try to get some of the facts right. A good debate I also love to participate in with constructive criticism. I would never step on a podium armed with pure gossip and nothing else.

Mr. Steamer I'm sorry to say I am disappointed in you.

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2004 at 11:38am

gossip I think not....right from the horses mouth....If I have any points wrong please correct me.. This was told to me by one of the participants themself.

please correct me if any of the points where wrong...actually I heard a lot more but it was too bad to say.....I didn't name anyone at all...those who where accountable came forward...

Edited by MR. STEAMER
Harry View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2004 at 6:05pm

Well, Steamer why don't you develop class smart guy like you could probably produce a top notch class in a few days.

Then just take 4 days off from your biz and teach it just for umm well, maybe like you charge for your cleaning services....charge what YOU think it's worth. 

Talk is cheap and unless you teach classes or host them you are just blowing smoke about a subject you  know nothing about until you tried it. I hosted IICRC classes for years, never made a penny but we did meet a few complainers with lots of helpful suggestions of how it should be done.

It's a free country, if folks want to take a class or not, it's their choice, so what do you care ?

Only guys that never make a mistake, STEAMER....never DID anything.

Edited by Harry
Be Juan in a Million - be a Leatherwright.
jackblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2004 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

wrong...actually I heard a lot more but it was too bad to say........

Hey guy gives us all or nothing please. A good professional instructor should command a good wage + air + hotel + food. make sure you Compare it to other industries.

I know instructors/lectureres/teachers who get $1500-$3000 per day plus all expenses due to their expertise
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2004 at 9:30pm

WHAT OTHER INDUSTRY DOES A TEACHER OR SPEAKER DEMAND SUCH A HIGH SALARY.....NAME 3 OR MORE IF YOU LIKE.

nightrider

Harry View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2004 at 9:46pm

Geez Jack, I thought you had a brain, you gots ta be kidding.  You don't even know what "salary" we are talking about you do you ? You're starting to make Steamer look bright !!

Bill Clinton getS 100k to spew crap. Tony Robbins 10 grand a day or more, even Dan Kennedy who taught Joe Polish, claims 10k per day to teach marketing.

Folks who teach tennis, golf, sales, business marketing, writing, personal motivation, mechanics, design and dance all get more in fact why don't you try to name 3 industries where they get paid less to teach than in our industry.

If you think it's such a great gig why don't you..... to quote someone here " get off your fat puggy ass and try learn by trial and error. Stand up and be counted as a contributing member of society instead of a blood sucking leach with no more morals of that of a cockroach, eating scraps and leftovers from others and hiding in the shadows of night in nooks and crannys. Stop showing the world just how stupid and ignorant you are, instead try to make your parents proud of you. BE A MAN you piece of carpet scum" and try it yourself.  LOL,

or are you just a blowhard from Montreal ??

Edited by Harry
Be Juan in a Million - be a Leatherwright.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>