Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

working for contract cleaners?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dontlikedennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: working for contract cleaners?
    Posted: 16/June/2005 at 5:46pm

Ever work (Sub) for a very large cleaning/janitor co? Like one with 400 employees? I hear they can take a while to pay

Edited by dontlikedennis
Sponsored Links

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2005 at 5:49pm

I work for a few

where I live I don't think any of them have that many employees though

they usually take 30 days to pay

A.K.A.
Andy
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2005 at 7:23pm
If they don't pay. Next time they call, tell them it will be a few weeks before you can get to them
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2005 at 11:09pm
Subbing for a large company can give you more headaches then just worrying about how late they pay.........once you have that pay in hand it will never add up to the hours you put in....and the list goes on.  If your up for a battle give it a try........if only for the experience alone.
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2005 at 12:55am
I've done it. It's not bad, if you get paid your normal rate and in 30 days.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2005 at 4:18pm
I like getting paid today... no more waiting for pay for me...  I rather not work and wait for a paying job
www.mr-steamer.com
JaredW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaredW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/June/2005 at 7:58pm
Give them two prices, a prompt pay (within 7 days) and a net30 price (due within 30 days of receipt). Make sure your net30 price is more than 20% higher than your prompt pay price and when you discuss pricing with them, only discuss the prompt pay price, making sure they see on paper that the price will be higher if not paid within 7 days.

I've done this, a company with over 400 or even 10 employees, employs someone specifically for accounts payable and usually has access to cut a check at least once a week. Also, get a signiture on your proposal or contract from the person with the most authority (i.e. owner, general manager) not just a supervisor. Their signiture combined with the short notice of the invoice, will make it get paid quicker.

Just my experience. And it does work, I contract clean and every invoice has a prompt pay price and a net 15 price.
 Post Reply Post Reply