Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

carpet dying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: carpet dying
    Posted: 05/February/2004 at 7:00pm

Is any out there doing spot dying if so i need help. I  've been carpet dying for 3 years and today for the first time i came across an off white carpet with color loss. My customer tried using oxy clean to clean up dog vomit, and it took out some of the color. i thought about using a neutral dye but i'm unsure. some one please help!

Sponsored Links

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/February/2004 at 6:56pm

Regarding your off-white carpet dilemma.

The fact that your customer used an oxidizing bleach it may be possible that you have a much cleaner and whiter area at the original problem which may appear to be color damage. Maybe a good all-round cleaning with an oxidizing cleaner would level the field and make all look good again.

If indeed you do have color damage it is more than likely caused by the vomit. If so you should contact your dye distributor or I could recommend to you a dye product (as opposed to the oxidizing agent as most of these are very color safe today) called Prism from Von Schrader out of Michigan.

greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2004 at 1:14pm
thanks for the info. Carpetologist.

LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2004 at 10:13pm

I HAVE DYES OF ALL COLOURS IF YOU NEED.

What colour is the spot now??

mark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2004 at 3:44pm
Hi there,I have seen this from oxy-clean before.if the customer uses too much it will definately remove colour from the carpet.The spot is usually left in the pinky,purply colour.I have actually fixed a few of them.They are generally easier to deal with given the fact that they are much easier to deal with than bleach in the neutralization process.
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/December/2008 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Carpetologist Carpetologist wrote:

Regarding your off-white carpet dilemma.

The fact that your customer used an oxidizing bleach it may be possible that you have a much cleaner and whiter area at the original problem which may appear to be color damage. Maybe a good all-round cleaning with an oxidizing cleaner would level the field and make all look good again.

If indeed you do have color damage it is more than likely caused by the vomit. If so you should contact your dye distributor or I could recommend to you a dye product (as opposed to the oxidizing agent as most of these are very color safe today) called Prism from Von Schrader out of Michigan.

This answer is right on.  I have off white and I have seen off white carpets that do this.  Just cleaning up pet vomit fast can be enough to get that one spot clean and all the rest of the traffic area is crying for a cleaning.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
envirosteam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote envirosteam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/February/2009 at 9:44am
I havent yet started dying carpets, I'd like to be able to get into that, I have a customer that has dog stains all over the house that has changed the color of his carpets. Can anybody recommend a good supplier and a site that has info on dying carpets?
Looking for quality backlinks to help build our website. Will accept link exchange or articles. goto http://www.enviro-steam.com or contact us by email at envirosteam@yahoo.com
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/February/2009 at 10:24am
I used to use Americolor.

I would recomment taking a course first as it is not that easy to learn from scratch. I used to do complete dye jobs for a few apt complexes. They were happy and I was happy
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
envirosteam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote envirosteam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/February/2009 at 10:22pm
Thanks for the reply, I'll check them out and check with our local prochem distributor about any up coming classes.
Looking for quality backlinks to help build our website. Will accept link exchange or articles. goto http://www.enviro-steam.com or contact us by email at envirosteam@yahoo.com
Steam Man View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steam Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2009 at 1:12pm
Is there a 'system' for colour matching or is it just having an eye for it and practice?
greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2010 at 7:14am

This post was 6 years ago, but I still remember the job. The carpet was new in a room never used. The carpet was as white as can be with out being bright white. She had a small spot the size of a toonie she tried oxy pro and it left a whiter spot that would not come out. If you can picture it it was color gain not loss.... weird case. Still nobody has said if they do spot dyeing or not.Wink

nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
CarpetproKC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarpetproKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2010 at 1:29pm
I spot dye carpets. 
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2010 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by CarpetproKC CarpetproKC wrote:

I spot dye carpets. 

I have not but thought of doing it.  Where would one start if you wanted to learn things right?
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
CarpetproKC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarpetproKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2010 at 11:28pm
Well I learned in the automobile reconditioning industry prior to getting into carpet cleaning. If there were stains in the carpets (blues and reds) with the detail I would come along and dye them for about $50...

I know the IICRC has color repair classes as well. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>