Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

greasy restaurants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: greasy restaurants
    Posted: 29/March/2004 at 8:02pm
  Has anyone here ever tried a industrial degreaser on any of those hard to clean restaurants. I have some titan & some industrial purple in the shop that i use for power washing.  Would it be crazy to use this for carpet.
Sponsored Links

terry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/March/2004 at 8:23pm

What type of carpet? 

ON Olefin you could try the degreser,we   have  used bleach on them.Only if it's 100% olefin (polypropeline)   SP  

.Regards Terry

Edited by terry
jackblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/March/2004 at 9:30pm
I use a degreaser called z-99 I can't do restaurants without it and never get complaints!
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/March/2004 at 10:07pm

I agree the purple works well, but don't you find it leaves heavy residue??

We used to do a major steakhouse years ago with purple, I would go back to get a cheque in three days its getting dirty already.

I like Enzall with lots of dwell time and heat.

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/March/2004 at 12:38am

Castrol Super Clean as a booster for caked on grease

rinse thoroughly with HOT water

but an enzyme with high temps will usually do the job.

Edited by Steaminpile
greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/March/2004 at 10:12am
we use enzall too works great.
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
Harvey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/March/2004 at 10:23am
  Who sells enzall?
Tapis Carpet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapis Carpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/March/2004 at 11:51am

If you all think Enz-all works great......which I also used at times you have to try Power Burst by Prochem. Enz-all says to use 10 scoops for a 5 gallon mixture ( that's 2 scoops per galloon) If the restaurant carpet is moderate to very greasy.....FORGET IT......I just finished a job and had to use 15-20 scoops per 5 gallon mixture for it to work.

Power Burst by Chem-Spec on the other hand for that same restaurant I was only using 7 scoops per 5 gallon mixture and it was beautiful, this stuff cleans way better and the dwell time is not more that 30 seconds -1 minute. Too bad I ran out of power burst and had to use Enz-All ( which I got for free as a sample) That crap cost me an extra hour and a half cleaning time, truckmount gas. and labour. Try both and see for yourself.

IF WE CAN'T CLEAN IT / NOBODY CAN
Harvey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/March/2004 at 3:02pm
  You sold me on the dwell time as this restaurant is quite warm & has lots of air movement. Its hard to clean before pre-spray even dries.

jackblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/March/2004 at 3:36pm
Harvey
my cousin is my supplier, he said he'll give you a free gallon of Z99 to try. his e-mail is kokoro@rogers.com (if you work in the GTA)
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/March/2004 at 10:24pm
Is there a place to see the MSDS on this Z99??
jackblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2004 at 10:56pm
sure, what's your fax #
CLEANWORKS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLEANWORKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/April/2004 at 11:55pm
although some degreasers will work on a greasy restaraunt carpet, it has not been formulated for carpets.  there many enzyme and other carpet degreasing presprays and rinses that do wonders.  try chemspecs enzyme powdered prespray and follow it with chemspec fomula 70 rinse detergent.  make sure that the carpet will tolerate the high ph of these chemicals.  if your concerned about leave the carpet too alkiline, spray some chemspec browing treatment  lightly after cleaning.  i say chemspec only as an example.  prochem, esteam and others all make comparable products.  stay with carpet carpet formulas and you will clean better, safer and not be liable for damage.
the thing about the word "impossible" is that it is mostly "possible"
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2004 at 1:09pm

Let me warn you ALL ABOUT Z-99. STAY AWAY.......I KNOW THE COMPANY THAT MANUFACTURES THAT PRODUCT. THEY ARE LOCATED IN LAVAL, QUEBEC.JUST NORTH OF MONTREAL. IT WAS NEVER MEANT FOR CARPET CLEANING AND THE CHEMICALS IN THERE IS ENOUGH TO KILL YOU IF USED ON A CONSTANT BASIS.JACKBLACK, IF I WAS YOU CAREFUL THIS STUFF DOESN'T GET ON YOUR SKIN TOO MUCH BECAUSE ONE OF THE PORTS ON ENTRY IS THROUGH YOUR PORES. IT MIGHT WORK VERY WELL, BUT DON'T FORGET YOU'RE BREATHING ALL THE FUMES........AT LEAST WEAR A MASK DESIGNED FOR THAT PURPOSE.

NIGHTRIDER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>