Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

commercial carpet water stain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: commercial carpet water stain
    Posted: 04/January/2006 at 11:46am

Hey everyone,

I am dealing with a commercial cut pile that is the hallway. There was a flood in the unit that overspilled out into the hall.  we are replacing the unit carpet but the hal is very long and the stain is 3x3 area.  What is the proper approach? Do I use my normal emulsifier? I imagine that a max spray mold and odor control spray is in order as well. 

Thanks in advance,

Tim M.

Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/January/2006 at 12:44pm
Tim Is the area in question caused by soiling or is it from being wet?  Is the area completely dry does it have pad under it? If it is soil it will clean if it is something that was in the water that got carried out into the hall it may be another question. Try an acetic acid  it may take out  than clean and dry with an am.
Just My opinion
Tim M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/January/2006 at 5:32pm

Well as far asI know it is a discoloration from the water that ran out of the unit. I'm going back out to do a test tomorrow and see what exactly it will do in reaction to an acid or water soluable product. I will let you know as it unfolds.

Thanks for the input I really appreciate it,

Tim M.

Paul Moss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Moss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/February/2006 at 3:30pm

Tim

I concour with doug as an acidic rinse should solve the problem after full extraction.

Would concider bonneting if the above does not give the desired result through wickback.

Paul Moss MBISCc
 Post Reply Post Reply