Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

funny things

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: funny things
    Posted: 03/April/2004 at 7:31pm
ah everyone  why dont we share with everybody some stories about funny stuff that happens on some of are jobs  one time i sent my helper to the van to get something & i waited for him to come back in it was taking him along time so i went out side & he was gone he went home he told me it was to hard of a job for him he was only 19 years old he didnt want to work that hard so he quit.
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/April/2004 at 7:37pm
I don't think I will comment on this topic.  As I recall I got myself in trouble at the begining.  I think I will just enjoy the posts.  The pen is stronger than the sword. And so is a mad 6' carpet cleaner.
Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/April/2004 at 7:42pm

I already told my cat story.....the only thing as funny is when I moved an old ladies couch and found a big bag of weed.....she almost fainted....she swears it was her Grandsons....but I could tell she couldn't see too good..

Can anyone spell Galcomma???...lol if thats how its spelt

We laugh so hard her dentures fell out......I love my job

People & Standards You Can Trust
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/April/2004 at 7:43pm

Dyna

I had the same kind of experience but it was my son.  I had him working with me one day and then he disappeared.

I couldn't find him any were I was even getting worried about it when it dawned on me to check my car. Sure enough he was fast asleep. I woke him up and he said "the work was to hard and I am tired". Can you believe that.

Hey Dyna maybe that was my son who was working for you, he is also 19. 

Edited by Adwa
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/April/2004 at 11:08pm
I remember getting rid of a terrible helper. Gave him a couple of bucks for a couple of coffees, he went in to get them, I drove away.
secondgen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote secondgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/April/2004 at 11:14pm
one of my tecs cleaned a place and sold protection to the customer she did not have enough to pay so he borrowed her $100 .he got it back the next week .but he lives with everyone laughing at him for taking such risks just to   make a sale  for 25% .

Edited by secondgen
jackblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/April/2004 at 12:13pm

Not funny but here's my story:

It was one of my first jobs, I quoted the lady $44.00 over the phone for 2 rooms. I get there do the job and she hands me $13.00. I said no maam I told you $44.00

Her English is not so good so now we have a problem. I told her it cost me more than $13.00 just to get to her damn apartment building. Her daughter was there too and we're all yelling....they were pissed off because I was there less than 1 hour and they think I should me charging like $8.00/hour or some sh*t.

After 30 minutes of fighting I took the $13.00 and went home and called the police (Peel Region) The female cop on the phone told me to chalk it up to experience!

Man I was so pissed off. One of my buddies later told me I should have pulled the plug on the dirty water tank and told the bitch to keep her money while leaving a nice flood of black water at her doorway.

Well call me a moron if you want but like I said I was young and dumb! So laugh away

dyna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2004 at 10:55pm
i had a guy work for me 5 years ago when i 1st started he quit because i was not busy that was o.k. i under stood but i hired him back 1 month ago and he quit this time because we work to much he was 29 years old he said he cant work past 4:30 it screws up his system LOLlol lol lol
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2004 at 11:03pm

Dyna you are not having luck with hiring guys who's age ends with a nine.

Next person you hire if he says he's 39 or 49 BEWARE!!!!!! 

dyna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2004 at 11:15pm
adwa ya maybe thats my problem thanks
dyna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2004 at 11:21pm
i think we as parents are failing to teach are kids the proper work ethics the seem to have it to goddame easy plus the gove. dont help get rid of welfair & uic make any man 18to50 work dont let them stay home they can clean streets shovel snow or whatever to pay there way make it harder then uic & welfair wont look so good.
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 5:35pm

Had a guy working once, he was slow, but one day seemed MUCH slower than usual, went to the back bedroom and he was on the floor, had been removing a spot, but FELL ASLEEP...

I pulled a YOU"RE FIRED on him...

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/April/2004 at 4:44pm

There was the time...my suction hose fell off and got out of control while I was doing stairs and basically sucked in a whole turbin.....Thank gawd we all could laugh about it

People & Standards You Can Trust
 Post Reply Post Reply