Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Tide with color safe bleach (powder)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2006 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Carpetologist Carpetologist wrote:

The Scoop on Tide

You do the math...

Nope... 10 oz of tide.... same 3 to 5 scoops of F90..nope nope

did the math.... 50lbs of tide is way less....lol

Ted needs to do the math

www.mr-steamer.com
Sponsored Links

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2006 at 2:32pm

I actually drove by and saw a CC van cleaning an apartment and saw a box of Tide by the back doors

I almost crashed into the car in front of me from laughing so hard

it's great advertising

A.K.A.
Andy
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2006 at 4:03pm

Nightrider called the consumer hotline for Proctor & Gamble and had me put on a three way conversation and asked them some straight-up questions regarding using Tide for carpet cleaning.

He may want to share them with us.

Edited by Carpetologist
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2006 at 4:54pm

I have to say that the primary response to my question regarding the usuage of Tide on carpets was that it is NOT recommended and that it is formulated to be used on clothes and other said like materials.

Although she did say that I may use it if I chose to do so......BUT........at my risk, and that Tide in NO WAY endorses any such use other that a laundry detergent.

The formulation for carpet cleaning chemicals are your best choice of product to clean carpets and should not be used to wash clothes with and vise versa.

I was speaking to the head chemist of bio formula studies and assesments of fibre content of outsourced manufacturing and development

That's it in a nutshell, Ted was on the other line when I called.

Nightrider

Edited by nightrider
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2006 at 6:05pm

oh you talked to the lead Chemist...??? or the dumb dumb receptionist???

100 bucks says the receptionist

Listen these people don't think out of the box, their answers are scripted..." better safe than sorry" is the motto

Just let the thread die... no need to keep up with this foolishness

www.mr-steamer.com
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2006 at 12:09am

You lose Steamer..........Ted recorded the conversation for all the non believers & fools that clean carpets with laundry formulated soap.........that is exactly why you have customers calling you back to complain that their carpet fibres are falling out and sticking to their feet.

Why not wash your hair with furniture oil soap.

After all soap is soap..........right Steamer

Nightrider

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2006 at 12:31am

I don't lose anything......

Ted has a business to protect... unless you guys where talking to the lead chemist, your findings mean nothing.

put your money where your mouth is...

take all the leading detergents to a lab and have them analyed....ask for comparisons.. you'll see for yourself.

no home tests... no crap.. spend the money dont go out looking for free information from the first person that answers the phone.

nightrider your smarter than that

www.mr-steamer.com
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2006 at 12:32am

There product is sold beyond imagination. Probably caught the the receptionist offguard with alot of technical questions. No real big market for them for carpet cleaners. Our wives buy up the damn product regardless anyways.

Yes, I believe there are lots of people cleaning carpets using the powder tide with alternative bleach. As far as in a tm, I need to do a test. Carpetologist I think  concerns are about residue and possibility of resoiling sooner.  As far has harm not to worried just as long as you use not too much. Use as Mr. Steamer said. Carpetologist you have that picture with the scoop backwards for a 5 gal solution tank 16 scoops formula 90 and 2 energizers right?

Edited by 77748
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2006 at 12:36am

16 scoops???? holy crap!

I hope you mean 16 ounces

"Why not wash your hair with furniture oil soap."

have you seen Mr. Steamer???

maybe that's what happened to his hair

A.K.A.
Andy
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2006 at 12:38am

I gor some hair.....letting it grow

10 oz a gallon...5 x 2oz scoop

ready to rock formula...lol

www.mr-steamer.com
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2006 at 12:42am

To be totally honest thats what we have been using ? Powder  version How many oz per scoop. Damn I have been losing money.

Edited by 77748
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2006 at 12:49am

I use the powder formula 90. But I am reading a Chemspec formula 90 liquid gallon and it says heavily soiling 5 gallon tank use 32 oz of liquid. That's alot of liquid.

And you were saying?

Edited by 77748
Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2006 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Steaminpile Steaminpile wrote:

"Why not wash your hair with furniture oil soap."

have you seen Mr. Steamer???

maybe that's what happened to his hair

lol

I'm positive about the negative...and negative about the positive.
Jim Darling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Darling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2006 at 11:32am

In looking at the label there needs to be a little clarification. The 32 ozs / 5 gallon refers to how much Liquid Formula 90 needs to be put in the 5 gallon concentrate if you run detergent through your metering system.

In most cases from my experience a 5 gallon concenrate pail will clean on average between 3,000 - 5,000 sqauer feet. Hope this helps

Jim

Jim Darling
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>