Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Spotting Kit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spotting Kit
    Posted: 05/April/2004 at 10:14pm
Does anyone carry a spotting kit with them???
People & Standards You Can Trust
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2004 at 10:19pm
I have a chemspec spotting Kit.  I don't think it has ever been on the truck.  I use for inspections and tests. 
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2004 at 1:44pm

If your child was ill and you needed the service of a doctor to come to your home and one showed up with out a doctors bag  (Tools of the Trade) in your mind is he really a doctor. 

When you as a Carpet Cleaner show up with your two hands in your pocket and she expects the spots and stains removed. How do you show your professionalism, with spit and the toe of your boots?

Carry in an empty box if you cant afford a spotting kit its all perception.  The cleaning is the easy part. I would call you all Dummies for not taking in a kit but I won't as I do not take rejection well.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2004 at 2:06pm
When I am called to clean carpets I usually have what I need is in the truck.  I don't go to the door with a spot removal kit in hand and say glad to meet you.  Now if the call just spot removal that is different.  But tell me how many cleaners just take the kit in set it down just to impress the hell out of your client.   You will probably find most of the little bottles in everyones kit are mostly empty or have been filled with something else.  I am just thinking out loud.  This may not exactly be true.  So there I just responded to my own post.
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2004 at 3:11pm

Who cares if the bottles are empty, full or if there is anything in the kit at all.

I believe Ted is talking about Perception!!! within our industry. If the customer see you coming at their door with a kit she knows its a carpet cleaner (Not a Doctor)

Honestly Doug some times I find you exhausting.

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2004 at 3:12pm

Ding Dong.......Good morning madam.....My name is Ted from KleenKuip carpet and performance, otherwise known as K.R.A.P. Ted says ,as he walkes through the entrance, I have here in my hands my spotter kit box, my gum remover kit box, my deodorizer kit box, my tool box, my oops wait music box, uummmm just an empty box here, hold on this is my lunch box, my new cell phone, still in the box, here's a box of plastic booties, a shoe box of some photos of other jobs, picnic table, napkins, table cloth, coke, sandwiches, coffee, thermos, invoice book, soap, where's my portable machine, excuse me mam, did you see me walk in here with a big blue machine with Ninja written on the side. Hold on I'll be back soon. As Ted runs out the door he screams, " Put the coke in the fringe with the sandwiches and don't touch or play with anything " Just another hectic KleenKuip day for ted.

NIGHTRIDER

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2004 at 3:36pm

Jack you forgot the most important box:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE MAGIC BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2004 at 3:42pm

ADWA........You caught me again..........How could I have forgotten the Magic Box. Maybe it was in the empty box he had and it dissappeared.

NIGHTRIDER

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2004 at 4:18pm
Adwa:  Your right I think preception would have to play major role if you came to the door.  I think it would take more than a kit for some to think you were a carpet cleaner.  I don't think Ted ment for you to show up with an empty box.  That is deception I think the proper spelling short form of deception  is ADWA. I think you have Jack's 99 in your box.
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2004 at 4:55pm

Doug your right again, it must feel so good on your pedestal. Preception or deception is more than just a kit. I just wanted to get Ted's point across looks like I did.

As for Jack in the Box!!!! Just wind him up and don't be surprised if Pad-man jumps out. 

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2004 at 5:06pm

Doug....I'm surprised at you saying that ADWA is pulling a fast one over the customer showing up with an empty box. The customer sees a box, their perception of that box is that something must be in it. ADWA perception of having that empty box is perhaps put something in it at the customers. When arriving at the customer, it is merely a box filled with mystery and intrigue.

Now if you go to your customers home with an empty head, and lack of knowledge thereof.....that would definitely be deception. How many carpet cleaners are out there deceiving their customers I wonder.

Nightrider  The perception of deception is but a state of mind as we perceive the way in which we were deceived

Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2004 at 7:00pm

Ted is byassed....he sell these kits...he said what I would say if I sold them....

You walk into an Italian house what a spotting kit...make sure all the chemicals are real...that little old Italian lady is going to use and maybe even steal all your chemicals while your upstairs doing the upstairs hall...lol

I don't think customers even know what a spotting kit is...don't bring it in unless you know your going to get PAID to remove that spot...how many times have you been shown where her central vac outlet is so you can plug in your hose......lololol

spotting kit does look nice...but one big waste of time...I'll stick to impressing them with the cleaning....they know what ever I need is out in my truck

People & Standards You Can Trust
Cd-Ron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cd-Ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2004 at 10:49am

I don't go to the door with my spotting kit to greet the customer, infact I go empty handed to view and discuss the job with the homeowner.

THEN I bring the kit in. What's the use of going back and fourth to your truck to get cleaning agents? Like using a portable, it's a time waster.

Also, if you come in with your rake and spotting kit it makes you look proffessional.

Take Care

-Ron H.

FooLingYu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FooLingYu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2004 at 6:07pm

Hey Stanley,

Be careful what you say about little old Italian ladies. Next you will be knocking Chinese restaurants.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>