Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Carpet Cleaning Techs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carpet Cleaning Techs
    Posted: 10/April/2004 at 3:21pm

Over the last month or so reading through many of these very interesting post...I Just have to ask this question....

Who here actually cleans carpet every single day 6 to 7 days a week???

I want to talk to real carpet cleaners...people that are out in the trenches...ones that are doing more than 1 call a week....

I can plainly see that a few people that post here have had very little experience with the hand tool and the wand,  they may have book smarts but they really don't know whats going on out there...

Carpet Cleaning can not be learned from a book...It takes hands on knowledge...and getting to use that knowledge each and everyday...trying new and different things, until the method you come up with works....

Who here really cleans carpet??? not a part time thing....not a selling chemical teaching classes thing.....not someone with a lot of letters behind their name....not someone that sits behind a desk

I want to talk to the man who's cleans carpet like me around the clock...thats someone I can learn from...thats who I want to talk to...

WILL THE REAL CARPET CLEANERS PLEASE STAND UP!!!

Edited by Stanley
People & Standards You Can Trust
Sponsored Links

steamdragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 4:18pm
I second the motion!!
Steamdragon the hotter the better.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 4:32pm
I have an answer for you Stanley.  Unfortunately some cleaners are no better now than they were when they started.  they thought they knew everthing then and they think they now everything now.  After a while most cleaners try to work smarter not harder.  I am impressed with 7 days a week.  But in the real world some cleaners can make enough in 5 days.  Are you greedy or needy?  With 2 trucks doing your 70 or so houses a week you I would have to say greedy.  But I guess this is a cycle for you because your customers carpets only stay clean till they dry.
Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 4:37pm

Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

I have an answer for you Stanley.  Unfortunately some cleaners are no better now than they were when they started.  they thought they knew everthing then and they think they now everything now.  After a while most cleaners try to work smarter not harder.  I am impressed with 7 days a week.  But in the real world some cleaners can make enough in 5 days.  Are you greedy or needy?  With 2 trucks doing your 70 or so houses a week you I would have to say greedy.  But I guess this is a cycle for you because your customers carpets only stay clean till they dry.

Not true...large volumes...good work......job done right....or we have to go back...

I STAND BY MY WORK ...if you aren't happy we'll be back

Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 4:40pm

Doug how many carpets do you actually clean.....lol???

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 5:03pm
Stanley:  I do actually clean carpets not to the volume you do,  but we all can't live in the city.  I will tell you that I have survived in a total population of less than 60,000 people and thats in a 60 mile area for over 20 years.  I have had a lot of cleaner come and go.  sometimes I wish I would have gone but that aside I am still hear.  I am not a franchise, or an assosiate, or attached to a  major name.  I sell me and my services.  My fee structures are much different than yours. I might have 50 or 60 miles driving for 2 or 3 houses.  My nearest town to the north is 30 miles population 5,000 to the South 12 miles 1200 to the east 12 miles 4,000 and there is about 8 to 10 cleaning companies around at any given time from as far away as 75 miles.  Because of the area and the fact we are also in the restoration market there is too much area for 1 truck.  Is there anything you would like to know. 
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 5:26pm

I just quit cleaning daily a few months ago, I still clean maybe 1000-2000 dollars a week, but those are usually saturday commercial jobs.

My daughter, Briana, 22, runs the truck by herself now, she worked for 25 hours this week and we paid her just over 900.00 for the week.

We did a 1760.00 job doing the Woodford county courthouse this morning, another large one next week plus I have a 1400.00 grout and tile job monday morning.

But I have been doing it for 30 years, still LOVE it, but spend more time now on the phone and on the road showing people that OP works and works well. Sometimes things are SOOOOOOOOOO easy, that no one believes what you do until you SHOW them.

It is wonderful being able to meet new cleaners, we probably have visited with 200-300 cleaners in that last few years, and it is an eye opening experience.

We are just a small cleaning and small manufacturing business, but we LOVE doing it.

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 5:39pm

Douggie

You are perfect for your market...well educated in carpet cleaning...the right equipment...certainly  a lot of know how...an excellent teacher and student that sticks to the Certified Carpet Cleaning methods....Maybe you do 3 - 10 calls a week

You have the time to move the furniture pad...block...look for problem stains........bring in the spotting kit to take it out.....have a coffee with the customer...spend 2-4 hours on 1 call.

I agree 100% with everything you say......never have dissagreed I just want to show you there is a different world not a la la world but one that moves at a different pace....

You have to be the best in your market because it's small and I totally agree with that..you clean the whole families carpet mother daughter brother cousin for the last 10 years and they wouldn't have it any other way, no matter the cost.

That formula you use works for you.

Listen Big Doug there are a lot of formulas out there.

I work in the GTA as a Sub my profit margin is way less than yours...I have to think of creative ideas, to provide good service for all those I clean for.  I have never in all the years I've been cleaning had anyone complain about my work and work ethic....

I go over board...just like I post here....

Anything can be done...if your willing to try

Edited by Stanley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 5:51pm

formula;    Tide + hot water = clean carpets

Stanley, stick to your guns!!

Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 6:03pm

Thing is I never said I use Tide...I said a lot of the stuff you buy out there isn't any better than TIDE

Steamdragon just loves the excitement...he knows better

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 6:05pm
Stanley, bring back Mr. Steamer your to soft!!!
Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 6:08pm
I'd love to post under Mr. Steamer but they haven't lifted my ban yet
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 6:11pm

STANLEY YOU HAVE TO WORK HARD AND CLEAN ALOT OF CARPETS EVERY DAY, YOU HAVE TO CLEAN 3 HOUSES TO MY 1 AND WE MAKE THE SAME MONEY. i BOOK A COMMERCIAL JOB EVERY NIGHT @ $ 225.00 TO $ 500.00. HOUSES ARE ONLY EXTRA GRAVEY, AND A GATEWAY TO SELLING RENOVATIONS, ROOF REPAIR AND, UNI-STONE DRIVEWAYS. CARPET CLEANING IS A BUSINESS USED A STEPPING STONE TO BETTER THINGS.

NIGHTRIDER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 6:15pm

That old Dodge you bought from Ted could not do more than one

job per day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>