Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Dog urine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dog urine
    Posted: 16/February/2004 at 8:11pm
Can someone please tell me how to get pet urine out of light colored carpet not smuch the smell but the yellow ive gotting it lighter but still can see faint yellow? Also would like to say cool site and board just joined been commercial cleaning office buildings (custodial) some carpets with portable extractor. Would like to but truck mount and see where that takes me took iicrc carpet cleaning course and ordor control.
Sponsored Links

Ryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/February/2004 at 7:50am

What type of cleaning agent are you using?

What type of carpet are you cleaning?

Can't be of much help if I don't have any info to start with

It is possible that you will not be able to completely remove the discoloring.  Especially when the urine spot has been there for a long period of time and it is on a nylon carpet(sometimes customers just let things go too long).  If urine is left for to long some of the color will eventually get set into the fibers.  When this happens it will be near impossible to extract all of the coloring from the spot because it has essentially become a STAIN.  You would have to use a more "Harsh" and "Risky" method of removing it which would mean some kind of spotter that reallies on a chemical reaction to change,remove, or destroy the color.  Of course this also means that you run the risk of taking the original dye out of the carpet also leaving you worse off than you were to begin with(and remember most carpet fiber doesn't start out white before manufacturing).  So if it were MY customer and all but a slight discoloring still remained I would explain the risks of trying a different method of removal and let them decide whether to leave it be or not.   

Make sure your spotting agent is leaning towards the acid side of the Ph scale or you will have a heck of a time trying to get it out.

If it's on a polypropylene carpet than you're probably just using the wrong cleaner(normally it will come out with just ordinary carpet detergent and some elbow grease).  This particular carpet won't hold a stain because of the way the dye is introduced into the fiber during the manufacturing process.

Edited by Ryan
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/February/2004 at 11:36am

2part Coffee stain remover

Spray on,walk away.

A.K.A.
Andy
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2004 at 8:55pm

Sometimes you just can't get the yellow out 100%.

Sodium Perborate - this is a mild oxidizing bleach.
Hydrogen Peroxide - this is also an oxidizing bleach.

You can purchase products with these ingredients blended into them or purchase them in their own form.

Edited by Carpetologist
LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2004 at 11:17pm

Go to the home page of this board and inquire about getting some Vanish.

Amazing stuff.

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 10:52pm

Ted is absolutely right on the money, I would suggest Sodium Percarbonate. You would have to purchase this from a raw chemical supply house, find one in your area and ask for a sample they will give you about 2 pounds of it. That should last you 5 years as long as you keep it in a dry place. If you still never got that stain out send a message here with your e-mail and I will contact you and send you some of what I have by mail.

jack from Montreal      aka    NIGHTRIDER

Americancarpet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americancarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2004 at 2:58am
Maybe he can try the Goo-B-Gone?? It removes everything else....why not dog piss?
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2004 at 9:52am
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

If you still never got that stain out send a message here with your e-mail and I will contact you and send you some of what I have by mail.

Getting that mysterious whit powder in the mail should remove many stains inclusing the one when you sh*t yourself when thay take you to jail.Guitar

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2004 at 11:02am
Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

If you still never got that stain out send a message here with your e-mail and I will contact you and send you some of what I have by mail.

Getting that mysterious whit powder in the mail should remove many stains inclusing the one when you sh*t yourself when thay take you to jail.Guitar

Where do you think nightrider is....he's in jail...ask him if it removes blood too...he should know!!!...he takes it up the ass nightly...oooooo how those big black cockadoodledoo's must hurt...lololol
Americancarpet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americancarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2004 at 11:28am
NightRider........I don't think that stuff is on the prohibited list of things you can send thru the mail. However, I highly suggest that you check with your local postmaster just to make sure. If it is prohibited and you mail it and get busted.....you can bet your balls that your gonna go pay a HUGE FINE and possibly go to jail. He should be able to get that stuff here in the States with no problem. Most any cleaning supply place will have it and if not, then he can certainly get it at the farm supply store.
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2004 at 3:38pm

AS SOON AS I GET OUT.......I CAN HOOK YOU UP WITH SOMEONE FOR THAT STUFF......YOU CAN WRITE ME AT THE CANADIAN FEDERAL CORRECTIONAL FACILITY, CELL BLOCK " A "

o.K BUBBA.......NOW IT'S MY TURN...........BEND OVER..........PARK YOUR ASS AGAINST THE WALL...........HERE I COME BALLS AND ALL

YAHOOOOOOOOOOO......YIPY YIP YIP

DON'T YOU WISH YOU WERE HERE STANLEY/STEAMER

NIGHTRIDER

rotovac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotovac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2004 at 9:13am
TRY THE URINE SPOT REMOVER BY PROSCHOICE DOES A GREAT JOB SPRAY ON WALK AWAY 3-8 HOURS LATER GONE .WWW.PROSCHOICE.COM OR CHECK THE NEAREST DEALER.
rotovac
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/March/2006 at 3:19am

Tried Vanish sometimes work what is better  tried from yellow out to brown out as well as Vanish Enzyme. What do you do if it is stll there and yes i have used an iron. Results are alot of times none.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2006 at 12:38pm
Butane?
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>