Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Water Claw Spotter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2004 at 1:19pm

If these stains are from a prior occupant most likely the kitchen sink & all has probably been sprayed and rubbed on it. The rule of thumb on spots & stains that originate from a body (human or animal) should be treated with an alkaline solution usually ammoniated. These products are called protein solutions or maybe blood out etc. But don't confuse color damage with spots. If the original color is gone you need a dye kit.

Sponsored Links

rotovac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotovac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2004 at 8:25am
 Thanks for the info carpetologist.
rotovac
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/July/2004 at 4:15pm
We are back into stock with Water Claw Spotters. Come in and pick one up today and impress yourself that the spots you remove will not be returning.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/August/2004 at 6:36am
Hey ted... what kind  of spots can the claw remove?????  is it good on ink??? or pick popsicle or coolaid??? is there any thing for filtration lines??
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/August/2004 at 6:12pm

Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

Hey ted... what kind  of spots can the claw remove?????  is it good on ink??? or pick popsicle or coolaid??? is there any thing for filtration lines??

A good thing for filtration is a knife.  Restretch the carpet usually about an inch is enough. Scrubbing along the walls is a pain and usuallu the carpet is kind of fragile there.  I have tried many cleaners some work some are a complete waste of time.  If you time is worth nothing work at the lines.Guitar

Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/August/2004 at 6:23pm

Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

Restretch the carpet usually about an inch is enough. Scrubbing along the walls is a pain and usuallu the carpet is kind of fragile there.  I have tried many cleaners some work some are a complete waste of time.  If you time is worth nothing work at the lines.Guitar
now restrectch is a great idea....why didn't I think of that damn..... I'll sell that from now on...

my guy does it for 110 bucks a room....is that a reasonable rate???

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/August/2004 at 2:32pm
Mr. Steamer:  I think $110. is not a resonable rate per room.  But if he gets it more power to him.  Unless things have change from when I used to do inspections in the GTA  the repair and reinstallation man is the one who should be busy, because I never inspected too much work installers had done.  Just work by some carpet layers??????????????Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/August/2004 at 5:30pm
Yep he gets it...whats the average rate???
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/August/2004 at 3:36pm

Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

We sell a product from Esteam especially for filtration lines. It's called Olefin Prespray. We also sell a product called Yukon Gold. Basically filtration marks are caused by trapped oil hydrocarbons. The product needed is usually high is solvency. But mechanical action is usually needed. It's a lot of work and should be an extra charge.

The claw is good for litfing anything that has penetrated deep. Although Ink and Kook Aid usually require dye and mild bleaches.

P.S.
Steamer, Have you tried soap & water?

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/August/2004 at 1:16pm
Ted:  I have had absolutly no results using olefin prespray on filtration lines.  As a matter of fact I personally think olefin prespray is a waste of money for any cleaning of carpets.  Soap and water probably works better.  But that is just my experience.Guitar
Just My opinion
Suction View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2004 at 11:01am
black marks around the edge can't come out??????The things you learn
fastone1979 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fastone1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2004 at 8:54pm
hey guys I install carpet professionaly.  The correct way to charge for a restrech is by the number of yards you  are restreching.  if the room is 12x12 then charge them for 16 yards at whatever rate you want I get 4.50 a yard.   Or somtimes if its a good customer I'll do it for say 30-50 bucks.  Damm  I cant wait to start my cleaning business!
every job is a self portrait of yourself! So autograph it with quality!
danmarck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danmarck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2004 at 11:59pm
Filter Out from Prochem ...... First explain how filtration lines occur to the
customer and charge extra for your time. Many will opt to not spend the
extra.

" To explain in advance is to educate, to explain after is to make excuses"

Filter Out also works on Graphite filings under the Rocking/recliners
Here to help you grow your business!
danmarck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danmarck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/November/2004 at 12:05am
As far as Pet urine......OSR from Pro's Choice has worked flawless for us.
Up to this past year I was unable to find anything that was all that great.

OSR and the water Claw work excellent.

The water claw is only a tool, but it gives you the opportunity to saturate
a given area allow the chemical to dwell and do it's thing and be able to
draw moisture through deeper layers , many times all the way down to
the subsurface. concrete or wood or whatever.
Here to help you grow your business!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>