Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

For those with Little Giant heaters.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For those with Little Giant heaters.
    Posted: 18/November/2006 at 7:49am
Have any of you guys that use the Little Giant # 3 heater as the source for heating the water found any issues with smog being created inside the cargo area. I have used for a few years a propane heater that in a very short time starting turning the walls of the van into a very depressing dark gray color, I had to open a hole on the roof and then run a flexible aluminum tube between the open vent on top of the heater and the roof vent, this solved the problem 100 %, but I see that the Little Giant heaters have a different vent and unless one is able to remove the hat it would be impossible to do the exhaust conversion I am thinking of.
And as long as we are on the subject, what do you think about this heater, any good or bad comments, I'd like to know as I may be getting a unit with one soon, thanks.
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/November/2006 at 9:14am
Never heard of it...do you have a pic???..I think it wise to vent anything running or heating in your truck for safety reasons, and to extend the life of the machine
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/November/2006 at 10:24am
Though not as well known in Canada, and especially the GTA, these are the top selling propane heaters in our industry. They are very good, and I have owned several over my 28 years in this biz. But they work best only if properly vented through the roof of the van or box truck they are mounted in. The reason for that is two fold. To draw air into the combustion area at the bottom of them, you need to displace the air at the top of them. A vent to the outside is the best way to do that. The second reason is to remove the particulate particles out of the truck from the incomplete combustion that all fuel burning heaters experience. The consquence of not doing this is dark walls in the van.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
walter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/November/2006 at 11:19am
Thanks for the replies guys. Ken, does the  hat come off the top of these heaters so a round expandable aluminum duct can be used to connect it to the roof vent, do you know?
Here's a link to the  heater manuf.:
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/November/2006 at 1:03pm
Yes it does.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/November/2006 at 3:02pm
Dont talk about the GTA kenny...
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/November/2006 at 3:30pm
Mr. Steamer did you know SGK has a branch factory close to the GTA??
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/November/2006 at 3:58pm
Kenny knows nothing about the GTA...just that no one want his glides...LOL

truthfully a lot of people don't even know what glides are...lol
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2006 at 12:32am
I also lived and worked cleaning carpets in the GTA, so do know what I am talking about.Steamer can say don't talk anbout the GTA all he wants and whistle in the wind for all that his words mean to me........
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2006 at 10:21am
Mr Steamer the GTA hasn't change since SGK cleaned carpets there in the 60's so he knows what he is talking about?? NOT???
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2006 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

I also lived and worked cleaning carpets in the GTA, so do know what I am talking about.Steamer can say don't talk anbout the GTA all he wants and whistle in the wind for all that his words mean to me........
when did you live and work here....if it's more than 10 years ago...times have change BIG TIME!  you have no clue.;.

don't comment on the GTA
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2006 at 10:51am
I notice a big difference everytime I go there and that is only once every year or so?
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2006 at 11:29am
I live here ..and if I didn't have my map book I'd get lost...

The areas change everyday....not just buildings but people...

The rich areas get richer...some rich areas are slums now...some slum are rich areas now....and the trend is a lot less carpet.

The people that usually would clean their carpet have now gone stone and hard wood...

still a few goodones out there but not as much as before....competition isn't all that bad because 99% of the carpet cleaners here don't advertise to residential customers

There is only the big 3

Sears
Canadian steam
The Bay

Thats it...you won't find any other companies that advertise as consistantly as those 3...Canadian Steam being the number 1 advertiser, Sears and Bay respectfully after in that order.

The rest of us are getting referal clients...those that don't either looking for a deal or rather not use the bigger companies.

If someone has the doe to market head to head with these guys you'll easily grab some of there market share..

I would say 60% of all carpet cleaning in the GTA goes to the big 3..

the rest of us share the remainder...

why do I say this...I know for a fact Sears Canadian steam and the bay will easy each book 75 to 100 calls a day EACH!

so around 300 calls a day...thats cleanings all through the GTA...

I'm happy with just maybe 5 to 10 a day to keep my 2 trucks busy...

Then the rest of us wonder why it's so slow......referrals are great but they don't reach enough people...

10 years ago the GTA market could have been anyones with the balls and the bucks to advertise
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2006 at 11:47am
Well I guess that about covers that ??
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>