Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Why in The GTA does Education Create So M

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2004 at 11:02pm

Like to see you run two truckmounts in downtown Toronto. LOL!!! Its all about your niche in the market, eh?

Stanley you say you see 95% nylon. With my clientel you would be lucky to see 60% nylon. Our techs have to be educated.

We have little business in suburbia and we have to be able to adapt. We have 1or 2 crews doing low moisture cleaning everyday. Note I say low moisture not 'dry'. Big difference.

Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2004 at 9:01pm

I clean...I don't have time for classes...I'm not sitting behind a desk..with a bunch of guys running portables.  I run 1 of 2 truckmounts...I'll work from sun up to sun down...water and soap works fine for me....you have to stay focused on what your doing...carpet and upholstery are just fine for me.  There are to many cleaners trying to do too many things....

focus grasshopper

Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2004 at 8:45am

Adwa that is the truth.

Look at water damage courses. They have changed so much in five years it is incredible. The S500 is about to change again.

Carpet cleaning technician class already has some changes ready.

Its evolving all the time.

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2004 at 10:55pm

Steamer

I have known guys that have been in the industry over 20 years and finally take the course SAY.

I have forgotten what I know and have developed so many short cuts over the years.

The information changes constantly in seminars what you had learned at a course three years ago does not mean it is the same information today.

greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2004 at 5:18pm
if you go to a course or seminar and only learn one thing new, it was worth the time and money.
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2004 at 8:57am

The thing is....once you get a few thousand homes under your belt... you've pretty much seen it all.  Unless you want to learn something new,  no need for further education.

See...the problem is....a lot of us here are working cleaners...you take the time out to run to a seminar...you loose a days wages.

I live and work in the GTA....from Oakville to Oshawa...I swear 95% of all carpet is nylon...area rugs we take to Tuco....furniture it's mostly the family room or Rec room stuff 80%...easy to clean...

I do my Job and I make money...unless it's going to make my job 10x easier...or 10x faster....I don't have the time.

I keep busy

Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2004 at 8:39am

IICRC does  hold  many seminars.

They approve certification classes.

They give a CEC credit for some seminars.

Most seminars given by the FIO have nothing to do with the IICRC.

Value is in the eye of the beholder.

The easiest thing in the world to be is critical.

A person like myself  is happy to learn as much as I can in a seminar. Some others are the type who say "oh, I knew 90% of that stuff anyways" grumble, grumble. The never look at the value of the stuff they didn't know.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2004 at 7:06am
Mr. Steamer:  If you didn't reply to the post they would be empty.  Everyone wants topics unfortunately I guess not mine.  They create too much contraversie. Just my opinionGuitar
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2004 at 12:08am

One more thing......people are watching you....even if you think they are not.....IICRC needs to be more accountable to it's members...People who hold these seminars...should provide value for the money....\

Don't get me mixed up with nightrider....it's hard not to get sucked into his foolishness...

but again...not everyone can be stuffy like a few of us around here.....

Weather you like me or not...I still post...I still contribute....A true member would do the same

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2004 at 12:00am

Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

Everytime a seminar comes up there is nothing but negativity from people on this board. Is It me or is that the way it is in GTA?  Just my opinionGuitar
No one has negativity...truthfully I would love to be more involved with my craft...but honestly I don't have the time.....between work...work ...work ...and home there isn't much time left....This is the first Carpet cleaning forum I have ever posted on.

I believe in doing things the correct way...but no matter what every institute has their holes....didn't mean to knock it that hard...but if man can think it...it might be true....Like Doug would say ...it's just an opinion

Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2004 at 9:51pm

Nightrider hurt this place far more than can be measured.

You have somehow made him into the reason people came here.

Lets get real now.

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2004 at 9:28pm

Doug

Who said anything about being out of there league. I am hurt that you said this.

I know if not you that you are one of the biggest part of this forum. You think Nightrider was smart to leave because he said he was getting busy.

Bullsh*t that is just a cop out. What does he think the rest of us is doing setting on our asses and typing on this forum all day.

I resent the fact that he made us like him or hate him and then just leaves us hanging and says that we will hang our selfs with out him.

If anything don't put yourself in his league. Of course this is just my opinion.    

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2004 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Adwa Adwa wrote:

Doug

Do you actually think that everyone on here is from the GTA, why target this area 

Of course there would seem to be more negativity in a big city because of the population.

I know you know this, we in this city can not be blamed because of the few opinions being posted regarding seminars.

Adwa:  You are right I am out of my league when it comes to this board.  My way of doing thigs is just not in sink on how things are done on this board.   Maybe Nightrider was the smart one.Just my opinion.Guitar

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2004 at 8:02pm

Doug

Do you actually think that everyone on here is from the GTA, why target this area 

Of course there would seem to be more negativity in a big city because of the population.

I know you know this, we in this city can not be blamed because of the few opinions being posted regarding seminars.

Edited by Adwa
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>