Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

How has a TM increased your business?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CleanEvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How has a TM increased your business?
    Posted: 18/February/2007 at 12:21pm
I'm a new business owner (1 year) who started with a portable. I do mainly commercial so the portable has been handy...but I wouldn't be 100% honest if I didn't admit it does have some limitations. BTW - I have been in the business as an employee for over 15 years and have used pretty much everything under the sun.

I am in a position that I could lease a new TM if I wanted to, however I really just don't know if it will do much for my business at this time?? I think the main reason I haven't gotten one is I'm very adverse to debt.

Any suggestions? Try to convince me   
Sponsored Links

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2007 at 12:30pm
I love debt, so I'm the wrong guy to ask. That said, the difference between a TM and a porty is phenomonal, you should know that if you have used both. I have a porty as a back up to my three trucks. My staff hate using it cuz it's gutless compared to the TM's, even with 2 vac motors and a 450 psi pump

The STD Meter
CleanEvo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CleanEvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2007 at 12:44pm
    I do know the difference and you're right that a TM is nice to use for residential and low level commercial. I've just kind of developed this niche of doing commercial and the porty does fine...making good money because I don't have much debt. That all being said I am getting somewhat tired of working evenings and weekends doing the commercial. If I want to increase my sales this way it means working nights...so maybe getting into more residential is the way to go...I just don't really know
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2007 at 12:58pm
Try upselling more on you're residentials

The STD Meter
wheelerman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2007 at 1:13pm
    Well all I can say to this matter is when I started my business 13 years ago I to used a portable and a srubber to clean both commerical and res carpets. I have been using Tms for close to 9/13 years now and if someone came up to me and told me that TMs where banned in Canada and I had to go back to portables,I would quit the business right there.

I totally understand that because you are using a portable your daily expenses are very very small and I am sure no one on this board will tell you that TMs can cost alot to operate. That being said there are many many really good smaller TMs that you can buy/lease that are 100% better in all ways than a portable.

Dont get me wrong portables have there place in the carpet cleaning world but if you end up taking the plunge to a TM your business will increase(mine did hughly) and you will kick yourself for not doing it eariler.
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2007 at 1:24pm
A very convincing point of view

The STD Meter
CleanEvo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CleanEvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2007 at 2:09pm
   I recently leased a Suburban because of our cold climate it allowed me to carry my equipment and keep the back heated...made more sense for me than a van because it's a family vehicle as well.

Now that I have that I don't think there are any TM's that are going to work for that vehicle?? Has anyone had success with a trailer?
wheelerman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2007 at 5:52pm
    A trailer could work very well and are pretty cheap,the only thing you will have to be careful about the the cold in the winter. You will of course have to insulate it really well and have to figure a way to heat the inside. But a good option since you just bought that truck:)
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2007 at 6:38pm
Don't waste your time or money with a trailer in cold climate!    
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2007 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Hammy Hammy wrote:

Don't waste your time or money with a trailer in cold climate!    

Agreed

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2007 at 8:25pm
Get an AirStream trailor they are insulated??

Edited by doug - 18/February/2007 at 8:25pm
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2007 at 8:29pm
With an R value of 5

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2007 at 8:48pm
Hook up the $60,000.00 trailor and head south?
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2007 at 9:52pm
Now you're talking

The STD Meter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>