Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

wickback?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wickback?
    Posted: 04/May/2004 at 5:10pm

I am noticing in some of my janitorial accounts that after the carpet cleaning contractor has cleaned the carpets and a few weeks have gone by, the same stains are re-appearing albeit slightly faded. 

What causes this? 

Is it too much water?  Like, the stain is deep down in the carpet, and too much water was left (deep down) causing the moisture and stain to gradually rise through the nap until it hits the surface and can be seen? 

How do you prevent this? My guess is you should treat the stains, agitate them, vac them out then treat them again, and allow time for the solution to dwell while you do the rest of the carpet...when u get back to the stain, agitate again and hit it as you would the rest of the carpet.  Just a guess...tell me if I am wrong. 

Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2004 at 5:29pm
TomR:  When this is happening is the carpet over pad or direct glue down?  You can be over treating and driviing the cleaner and spot down into the carpet and leaving a residue which is slowly attracting soil.  You should be neutralizing your spotter when finished. You can also be just a little over aggressive with the whole spot removal proceedure.  Too much cleaner and too much agitation. But if it is coming back there has to be a reason and I hope some of the above helps. I would leave a couple of your steps out. Just pretreat and clean than check the area after cleaning to see if it needs further attention. There are many answers to this question everyone will have their way .Guitar
Just My opinion
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2004 at 5:47pm

For spots not returning my way is the Water Claw way!

First time every time. Since I sell them every one will be accusing me of this being a commercial.

So buy one else where  !!!! But Buy One !!!!

The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2004 at 5:56pm

Another product that will allow you to spray and walk away especially on coffee is Help Mate from Chemspec or Vanish.

These products don't necessarily remove the stain but bleeds out the brown colour without effecting the background colour.

It is like an illusion!!     Going Going Gone!!

Edited by Carpetologist
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2004 at 5:59pm

Soon Coming                 !!Keep Watching!!

A very serious discount for INTERNET users from

Chemspec & Kleen Kuip

TomR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2004 at 7:30pm
  Thanks guys.  I am not the one doing the actual carpet cleaning on this account, just wondering why the spots come back after the carpet-cleaning contractors have done their job.  Doug, that is invaluable information.  The carpet is glued down.  Carpetologist, thanks for the references on the products.  I'll be sure to check them out. 
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/May/2004 at 11:48am
I wouldn't think the claw would be of any use in a glue down situation or am I mistaken? Could I be mistaken.? Should I be mistaken?  Or just taken away ?Guitar
Just My opinion
TomR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/May/2004 at 1:19pm

Something I noticed about one of these accounts is that the stains actually seem much much worse now than they did before they were cleaned. Its like everything I bonneted or used the portable extractor to get out has come back with a vengence since the guys with the truck mount HWE came in.  How is that possible?  Is it possible that when I did my little bonnet/portable spotting on them, I only got the surface, but when the truck mount HWE guys came and went, water was still down at the bottom then rode the nap back up to the top, taking the deep stains with it?

I don't know about any waterclaw or special chemicals, these stains are huge.  As in one of the hallways is one big collage of overlapping stains.  I can't wait to try the OP system on this.  Give it a few months.  I'll take pictures.  It will be my first paid OP job.

jackblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/May/2004 at 2:49pm

Dude

get your customer to replace the carpet, it sounds like it looks like sh*t.

Post Reply Post Reply