Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Tire Skid Mark

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/June/2007 at 1:11am
Solution dyed. It's melted, dyeing will not help. The fibers are damaged

The STD Meter
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/June/2007 at 1:49pm
plant some new fibers and watch them grow?
Just My opinion
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/June/2007 at 3:38pm
paint it??? it'll look better
www.mr-steamer.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/June/2007 at 3:52pm
Sure. It'll look like a melted carpet with paint on it

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/June/2007 at 4:23pm
People apy big money for designer carpets??
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/June/2007 at 6:05pm
It's faux

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/June/2007 at 8:30pm
Don't you spell that fox??? Bilingual??
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/June/2007 at 1:11am
Faux as in fo as in fake

The STD Meter
cleanaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleanaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2007 at 1:10am
OmG, I actually saw an "interior designer" paint an olefin berber on one of those "while you were out" shows.  No kidding, they rolled on paint!  It was the most disgusting thing I had ever seen.  When the surprised homeowner showed up the first thing they said was "what happened to the carpet?" 

I can just imagine the look on the face of the $9.95 a room cleaner when he starts to clean that crap.  "Wow, my detergent is melting the carpet!"

az 
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2007 at 8:05pm
Heres the lastest on my post.... The manager does not want to rip up the carpet because it took him 8hrs to do 8x6 section... I checked it out and whoever installed it sure used boo-koo adhesive...

So he wants me to rip out or just lay new right on top... I didn't say yes or no... yet...

What would be the procedure for this?

Rip out i know... but...

install on top I'm not sure....

Type to me....

Thanks.........

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2007 at 8:21pm
Don't install over top. Do it right or don't do it

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2007 at 9:25pm
explain that there is a warranty issue when carpet is installed over carpet. It will be voided?
Just My opinion
ChemicallyFried View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChemicallyFried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2007 at 9:16pm

Dont carpet over the top, thats just all wrong.  The rubber burns are probably permanent, but I use a remover called Pure Power by Lindhaus. Order at 952-707-1131.  The stuff works better than any spotter Ive ever seen.  The ingredients say stuff like propanol, propane and butane.  It will thin out some of the black on a lot of cigarette burns, and thats why it may work on the tire rubber.  I think it will break down the rubber if the carpet fibers arent burned to bad. 

Other than that get out a shovel and get under that carpet and start prying it up an inch at a time and fight that bookoo glue. 
I can remove more spots than you can.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2007 at 9:53pm
I walked away... Too much adhesive.. Thanks..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>