Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Tire Skid Mark

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tire Skid Mark
    Posted: 27/May/2007 at 12:22pm
A motel lounge has numerous  tire skid marks (bicycle)on comm glue down olefin.. Tried liqua-gel and de-solve-all.. Barely removed anything..Cry

I'm thinking stain magic?LOL

Since the high friction heat of the tire might have melted the rubber into the olefins (low melting point) making it permanent.

Anyone have success with skid marks?Big smile
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/May/2007 at 1:22pm
I'am thinking more along the lines of the olifin melting not the rubber? I've seen wheel chairs melt olifin?
Just My opinion
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/May/2007 at 2:02pm
Yea me too both melted together.. Any thoughts..? I will try to get a pic.. Nobody there now.. Security locked..   probably permanent.. Thanks doug.

They will pay me $250 to get it out and then extract about 400sft lounge..

About 20 feet of skid..

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/May/2007 at 3:01pm
I think doug is right...sounds like a burn mark to me...

you'll have to do a patch job...LOL or dying might work..
www.mr-steamer.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/May/2007 at 6:51pm
Definitely melted. We see them in apartment bldg hallways all the time. Freakin idiots

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/May/2007 at 8:15pm
appliance carts make good lines on olifin hallways? The friction and heat from the wheels just make for good conversation especially on grey halls??
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/May/2007 at 1:16pm
So do sofa legs. Just drag it, don't lift it

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/May/2007 at 3:25pm
that's so you can remember where they go?
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/May/2007 at 5:45pm
Yup, down the hall and out the door

The STD Meter
cleanaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleanaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/June/2007 at 4:41pm
Mr. Steamer, I don't think you can dye olefin, unless there is some new thing I haven't heard about.

I get these all the time.  The last one was the carpet installers on the 30th floor of a high rise.  They tried to say it was the rubber feet on the bottom of the furniture that made the marks.  Yeah, right.  Took thirty seconds to convince the office manager what the real problem was. 

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/June/2007 at 9:04pm
I didn't know you can't dye olefin...thats news to me....but then again I've never seen it tried
www.mr-steamer.com
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/June/2007 at 9:15pm
When you dye a carpet you need your dye bath very hot. Olefin will not accept a dye bath. It repells water.     
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/June/2007 at 9:39pm
As I recall olefin is solution dyed??
Just My opinion
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/June/2007 at 9:56pm
Yes sir!     
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>