Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

5" to the door?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Need Angel Inve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5" to the door?
    Posted: 31/July/2007 at 11:54am
I have found that running 2-2 1/2" Vac hoses to the door and then to a splitter that is connected to a 2" that goes to the wand seems to really increse suction. Is this possible or is it my imagination?

Give me some feedback if you've got any!
Thank you for your interest. Hope to speak with you sonn,
Bryn Patton
702-917-5402
Sponsored Links

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2007 at 12:06pm
Depends on the machine you have. If your blower moves more than 300 cfms it may help you, especially if dual wanding. This works best for those that have 5.6 blowers or larger. Those with 4.5 series or smaller would see very little difference. 2" hose is very efficient for handling this volume of airflow to a wand.

Edited by Superglide Ken - 31/July/2007 at 12:06pm
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2007 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Need Angel Inve Need Angel Inve wrote:

I have found that running 2-2 1/2" Vac hoses to the door and then to a splitter that is connected to a 2" that goes to the wand seems to really increse suction. Is this possible or is it my imagination?

Give me some feedback if you've got any!

2 inch hose moves 400 cfm easily. Above that the increase in resistance with each additional 50 cfm makes the increase of the hose size worthwhile. You'll bet better cfm if you use 2 1/2 all the way, but of course a smaller hose is manageable.  That is, if your machine moves more than 400 cfm.

By using a larger hose for part of the length of hose, you're decreasing the overall resistance on the system and increasing performance.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 31/July/2007 at 12:15pm
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2007 at 12:17pm
And of course, you wont move more than 400 cfm, cause even with a teflon glide on it, a wand will not flow more than 200 cfm will working, so even if dual wanding, 400 cfm from a blower will supply both wands fairly easily.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2007 at 7:48pm
I have a buddy who is using a Y splitter with duo 2.5 inch hoses plus a 2" glided wand and swears by it.
He claims 1-2 hour dry times on trashed CGD.
Its not your imagination, it rocks.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2007 at 8:03pm
So I guess you need one big reel. Running 2 lenghts of 2.5" 100 ft. to get into the house. Then 2" the rest of the way? Setup time 2 hours cleaning time 1/2 hour?
Just My opinion
Need Angel Inve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Need Angel Inve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2007 at 8:27pm
yeah but the customers love it!! It sets us appart from you guys with a portable. Maybe you should try that on your portable. You might be on to something!
Thank you for your interest. Hope to speak with you sonn,
Bryn Patton
702-917-5402
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2007 at 9:07pm
Bulls**t the customers love it? It sets you appart?? First of all the customer has not one idea weather it takes one or six hoses to do the job? But I am sure they would prefer just one. Portable?? You know with all you bulls**t you could fit right in on the RED board but I see they already seen threw your investment scam.
Just My opinion
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2007 at 10:33pm
at least he didn't ask for a CC# like the HO MO Kenny
www.mr-steamer.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2007 at 11:30pm
Maybe Kenny will give him his cc#

The STD Meter
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2007 at 1:43am
Nah..........I am giving him Steamers instead. More fun that way, eh?
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2007 at 7:54am
SGG has everyone's card #
Just My opinion
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2007 at 9:06am
The Ho Mo makes his own credit cards...we have all heard of BMO bank...now we got h*m* bank...everything in and out the back door..a bank you CAN trust

Edited by MR. STEAMER - 01/August/2007 at 11:02pm
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2007 at 1:48pm
trust where have I heard that before?
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>