Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Help with urine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2007 at 12:14am
I think he meant " SANDING " CMaster OK  60 Grit will do it

Nightrider
Sponsored Links

FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2007 at 12:22am
Originally posted by Jeff Van Buren Jeff Van Buren wrote:

I service 24 assisted living facilities and find Encapsulation with Cimex and Realisit DS works well if you don't have a cimex try pad on low pile commercial
carpet which is what I find alot of in these facilties. If it is a padded carpet You'll find the pad is saturated water claw first air mover dry then encap to prevent wicking    

But if it's commercial carpet with no backing, a Claw won't help.
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2007 at 12:30am
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

I think he meant " SANDING " CMaster [IMG]height=20 alt=OK src="http://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/smileys/smilesok.gif" width=18 align=absMiddle>  60 Grit will do it

Nightrider

Only on hardwood floors

The STD Meter
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2007 at 12:45am
You don't sand carpet............................oh oh .....................have to call my guys......................Phone

Nightrider

Edited by nightrider - 06/September/2007 at 12:48am
papagator View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papagator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2007 at 9:15am
Thanks for all your help ppl. This forum rocks!!! The carpet is Powerbond so I don't think the claw would work...Employers too cheap to buy one anyways. And, yes, I clean it all here urine, crap, puke, spit up chaw,blood etc..Yep carpet in a long term care facility was the right fawkin move..its even in our dining rooms. I do not have a Cimex but I do bonnet with an encap product from Scotlabs... would this help??
just swimmin in circles
Jeff Van Buren View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Van Buren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2007 at 12:30pm
    It might I have tried several but found ReleasitDs the best so far, remember when cleaning stains little moisture is better to prvent wicking with encap you should be using about 1 gallon to 300 SF less on heavy staining
papagator View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papagator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2007 at 2:10pm
Thanks Jeff...I will look into Releasit..is there a Can. distributor? Anyone?
just swimmin in circles
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2007 at 2:18pm
well with alot of sick old people saturateing the place with chemicals shouldn't matter to them?
Just My opinion
Jeff Van Buren View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Van Buren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2007 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by papagator papagator wrote:

Thanks Jeff...I will look into Releasit..is there a Can. distributor? Anyone?

Here is a good source the only one I know off, there is another claiming to be the same but different label, I did not find it the same.
http://www.encapboard.com/
Loacted in Canada, great people to work with alos check out his fiber pads I beleive he also carrys bonnets    

Edited by Jeff Van Buren - 06/September/2007 at 2:31pm
papagator View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papagator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2007 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

well with alot of sick old people saturateing the place with chemicals shouldn't matter to them?

This is a joke right??? Right??? Everything we use here is Green Seal..that may not mean a whole lot but it's the best we can do with "sick old people" not able to just up and go while I'm working in their units.
just swimmin in circles
papagator View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papagator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2007 at 3:35pm
Thanks for the website Jeff..will definately check it out... My carpet came out great..thanks all...CMaster, I used only hot water as you suggested and did a good job. The stain did not all come out but I later learned that the resident was on pretty potent meds that turned urine almost to an iodine type state.Dead
just swimmin in circles
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2007 at 7:37pm
You can try an HP product like Esteam Vanish or CTI Urine Stain Remover to remove the remaining stain. Both of these products leave minimal residue

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2007 at 7:53pm
HP?? Horse Power???
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2007 at 1:16am
Hewlett Packard
Horse Pucky

The STD Meter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>