Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Little confused on WOOL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChemicallyFried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Little confused on WOOL
    Posted: 29/October/2007 at 10:48pm
Despite training classes on wool rugs which all warn to be careful, I dont get it.  My expensive wool rugs at home I experiment on, by cranking the temperature all the way up on my truck mount, using heavy spot removers and heavy solutions.  Nothing ever happens to the color or the rug.  In fact its the most durable fabric Ive ever seen.  More durable than standard carpets.  Why is everyone leading me to believe wool is delicate or something.  Ive carpet cleaned hundreds of wool rugs with no color bleed, not even once.  There seems to be alot of BS out there......Confused
I can remove more spots than you can.
Sponsored Links

toolman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toolman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2007 at 7:52am
    I have always wondered the same thing. I just cleaned a wool carpet the other day and I started off with a solution that states its safe for wool, but I couldn't get it clean enough so I I sprayed it with a prochem solution and out it came. I was a little worried about what the results would be the next day but all were fine.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2007 at 8:05am
WOOL is something you don't want to play with too much, if you clean it with too much steam you may run the colors. If you use to strong a solution you may damage the fibres.

I've seen it happen...lol
www.mr-steamer.com
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2007 at 8:39am
High heat and high PH will remove the natural oils     
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
ChemicallyFried View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChemicallyFried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2007 at 10:27pm
Are there any oil judges out there to confirm your oil story....BUT I HAVE HAD RUGS RUN AND BLEED THAT WERE NOT WOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!ALL DAY LONG!!!And when that dye gets in the carpet its all over as far as I know.....Carpet wasted and gone.  Quick clean the customers rugs and get them out of the livingroom before they bleed...........................
I can remove more spots than you can.
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2007 at 10:17am
The cuticles can become damaged by excess alkalinity.
Many types of wool out there. Ever see the wool from Ikea? Its usually "dead wool" Doesn't have luster does it? See Chinese wool? Its often chemically treated so it has a shine.
Bottom line is that most men don't pay attention at all to texture and sheen. Women do. Men crank the heat, scrub till the stain is all out and don't set the nap. Women notice the "rag like appearance".
Wool is very resilient and durable. It should last DECADES, cleaning like you do it may reach the age of a decade or two. You are doing damage, its just not immediately apparent.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2007 at 2:05pm
The most important thing about cleaning wool is common sence. Unfortunately you can attend all the seminars you want but you will not learn common sence. Ph is not one of my biggest concerns while cleaning wools. sometimes I am more concerned on what the last guy used.
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply