Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Tile and Grout and Hard Surface Floor Cleaning Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Marble

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marble
    Posted: 08/June/2004 at 6:39pm

I do a lot of Marble refinishing.... I use a crystal powder to creat the shine... does anyone know of any other chemicals I could use...something that gives the results without the work...

The powder that I buy cost 300 bucks a 10 lbs bucket

Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/November/2004 at 4:10pm
no answers yet...not even one???
www.mr-steamer.com
Dennis Conner View Drop Down
SGK Basher
SGK Basher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis Conner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/November/2004 at 7:24pm

You can use acid and steel wool to crystalize the surface. 

I do stone work too and those powders are $$$$$$$$$$$!

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/November/2004 at 11:16pm

Steamer.

Ted sells HG products from Germany for natural stone floors. You should check them out.

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
Tile and Stone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tile and Stone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2004 at 3:03pm

Recrystallization is still a controversial area for stone polishing.  Stick with the powders to give your customer the best results and protect the stone from possible stone failure.  Stone needs to be able to "breathe" and recrystallization provides a shine by forming a new compound which often prevents moisture from escaping from inderneath the tiles surface.  Plus, any moisture in the stone could cause a yellowing effect, especially in white thassos or carrera.  Polishing with powders allows the stone to shine naturally and looks "richer."  Of course, that is just my opinion.

You could also use diamond abrasives, but they are really tricky to control. 

Dean
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/January/2005 at 10:28am

Maybe someone here can help me while the Man is out of town. I have someone asking me, can you polish Marble floors with a buffing machine?

Also some cleaner used a product that took the shine off the Marble floor. How does he get it back? Should he strip it first and if he does and then adds a Marble polish will this bring back the Shine.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/January/2005 at 9:11pm

Dose anyone here clean Marble, I would like to tell this gentleman something tomorrow when he calls.

Thanks

Tile and Stone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tile and Stone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/January/2005 at 6:52pm

The cleaner he used probably etched the marble and it needs to be honed and polished.  I doubt just a polish will bring it back.  Yes, you can do it with a buffing machine.  Hoggs Hair and Powder is the best option unless the etching is severe,  then he should use Diamond Abrasives to get rid of the areas that are dull. 

Treat marble like you would chalk.  If it eats the chalk, it will probably eat the marble.

Dean
Dennis Conner View Drop Down
SGK Basher
SGK Basher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis Conner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/January/2005 at 7:39pm

I totally agree with T&S!

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/January/2005 at 10:34pm

Thanks T&S I appreciated the answer. I personally think this guy is over his head but I guess you have to learn and start some were.

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/January/2005 at 11:00pm

Adwa the HG products are crap...... the only thing That I found that works is the powder... it gives it that wet glass look....

www.mr-steamer.com
Lisa Smith View Drop Down
Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/January/2005 at 11:07pm

I tried using a 175 rotary for marble, but it didn't work well. The weighted floor machines are the way to go.

Take care,

Lisa

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/January/2005 at 9:55pm
T&S  I gave the costumer your advice and he said to me today that he is going to get a professional to do the job.  It is a good customer of his and he would like to keep him. So he is going to do the right thing and get someone hopefully that won't ruin the floors, like he fells he might have.    Thanks

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/January/2005 at 12:10am

Adwa all he has to do is get the powder and a heavy rotor machine... and a portable to suck up the paste crap... and a bucket and mop..

pretty easy

www.mr-steamer.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>