Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines > Hydramaster RX-20
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

CMX-20 vs. RX-20

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2007 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by DeepScrub DeepScrub wrote:

Do they really work that good!I hope this isn't a to good to be true type thing.

DeepScrub,

You had better make a decision fast, with a name and image of DeepScrub the wand just won't do your company justice.

Edited by Carpetologist - 30/November/2007 at 6:41pm
Sponsored Links

DeepScrub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepScrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2007 at 8:02pm
    you are exactly right! but I was always taught that the only way to have a good clean carpet, was to perform a deepscrub.I just don't understand how those 360's clean without scrubing.What about heavy saturated stains,that won't come up or normal cleaning.

Edited by DeepScrub - 30/November/2007 at 8:15pm
"DO YOUR BEST"
operator47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote operator47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2007 at 11:00pm
Why wouldnt you get one if you had a portable?
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2007 at 12:15pm
Most people feel that a portable does not have enough suction to allow the RX20 to perform as well as a wand for faster drying time.

Although Steamer does make a good point about if your rotary system is attached to your cleaning equipment it makes it next to impossible to sell it as an extra service.

By offering an extra piece of equipment that is still in your van that would enhance the cleaning performance  may take you more time but maybe gain you more profit.

Is this a good idea?    

I would love to hear other comments on this issue.

Edited by Carpetologist - 01/December/2007 at 12:16pm
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2007 at 12:46pm
DeepScrub

Brushes on carpet is old school.   It i no longer suggested by many manufactures. 

The new technology is safer, more up to date and impressive to the customers.  Turn two processes into one and save labor. 
DeepScrub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepScrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2007 at 1:54pm
    Some carpets have tough stains that won't come out, unless you use some type of aggitaion.I just find it hard to believe that carpet, that is in bad shape can look good again with no aggitation?

Edited by DeepScrub - 01/December/2007 at 1:57pm
"DO YOUR BEST"
Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2007 at 3:30pm
You do get aggitation from either wands or rotary powered tools. Brushs are not necessary, and infact can cause damage to the carpet by destroying yarn twist in some cases.
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!
DeepScrub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepScrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2007 at 4:30pm
    yeah on berber carpets
"DO YOUR BEST"
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2007 at 5:26pm
I use brushes on the cimex machine...it saves me pads.. NEVER EVER had a problem....pads give you more surface contact but the brushes get into the pile and dig out the dirt..

pads are better on level loop I will say that forsure.

I like the idea of the rx cx or 360...but if you're not careful or you don't have enough suction you can over wet
www.mr-steamer.com
DeepScrub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepScrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2007 at 7:21pm
    I just feel that you need agitation to clean deep into carpets.that 360 machine seems like it just cleans the surface.Without the brushes how does it get up heavy grounded soil.
"DO YOUR BEST"
Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2007 at 8:51pm
A good preconditioner and enough dwell time combined with a grandi groomer will give you all the aggitation most carpets will ever need on residential carpets. On resterant carpets, a pad machine will scrub the carpet for you better than HWE extraction alone could do.

Edited by Ken Harris - 01/December/2007 at 8:52pm
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2007 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Ken Harris Ken Harris wrote:

A good preconditioner and enough dwell time combined with a grandi groomer will give you all the aggitation most carpets will ever need on residential carpets. On resterant carpets, a pad machine will scrub the carpet for you better than HWE extraction alone could do.

yeah right...lol if you says so Canada nd top cleaner
www.mr-steamer.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2007 at 11:39pm
Don't forget dry in a minute

The STD Meter
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/December/2007 at 12:29am
he probally has it down to 24 seconds
www.mr-steamer.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>