Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

How to Choose a Wand?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y2MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Choose a Wand?
    Posted: 25/February/2004 at 12:10am

Hello!

We are doing market research on behalf of a manufacturer of carpet cleaning tools and accessories. They are in the midst of redesigning all of their wands. Their intention is to manufacture the highest quality wands at the lowest cost to you. But first, they would like to know what is the most important thing to you so that they can incorporate it in their new product line.

We would sincerely appreciate to have your feedback on the following questions:

1) What problems would you really like to see solved with wands?

2) What features do you like about your wand?

3) Would a guarantee influence your buying decision? What kind?

Thank you very much!
Christian
Sponsored Links

Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2004 at 12:48am

Wands are very unique, just like the  individual that uses one. I prefer a rather light cleaning wand. But, it can't be too light nor too heavy.

A trend is leading towards making the wand easier to push. ie. using teflon glide attachments. I've tried a couple different mock-ups and have been impressed with the extra ease of cleaning they provided.

A wand with a scrub brush attached to it. Prevents getting down on your knees to manually scrub the spot. Makes the job go alot smoother when certain spots need agitation.

A nice comfortable grip for both the solution trigger and grip assist handle. Makes a big difference on those large cleaning jobs.

A guarantee? That would be nice. Who doesn't like guarantees?

LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2004 at 10:39pm

Wand glides??

Oh oh, here comes Ken Harris!!!

Seriously, I like weight in a wand, my techs think I'm nuts

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2004 at 11:02pm
Wand with a scrub brush? Who makes that bissell and is it plastic?
Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/February/2004 at 10:34pm

Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

Wand with a scrub brush? Who makes that bissell and is it plastic?

The wand I am referring to is called The WandBrush. The brush attachment sits at the front of the wandhead attached to a cable that runs up the wand to a lever just below the handle grip.

Check out the Hydro-Force website. Unfortunately the last time I checked their wands page was under-construction.

Ryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2004 at 2:18am

A light wand is nice.  I like to feel the weight because of the suction created by the machine.  This way I now how well the vacuum is working and if you need to adjust your wand position to get a better extraction results.

Also I really wish they would make a wand that was shaped to easily maneuver further under furniture as some costumers like you to clean underneath their furniture without moving it.

Maybe an exaggerated version with a much larger bend or a longer length of tubing leading horizontally to the cleaning head like this.  It may look funny but my guys love it.  I had a friend customize a Prochem Ultra Light for me and now everyone argues about who gets to use it.  The problem is, that particular wand isn't cheap and when you already have plenty others around it's hard to justify shelling out that much money for new ones.

--- = Handle

** = SHAFT

||| = CLEANING HEAD

-------    ;

**  **   **  **||||||||||||||

Well I'm no artist but I think you get the point.     

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2004 at 11:23pm
I prefer a nice 2' wand well balanced with at least 4 jets.  2' allows for more air movement and I also prefer a little weight to the wand.  The old ProChem 2' wands weight about 5lbs short of a ton after you were on the end for about 2 or 3 hours.  I do like the prochem 2' wand it just has a nice feel about it.
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2004 at 12:07am

Nice wands

Don't like 4 jets AT ALL

if there's more than 2

there's too many

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2004 at 7:35am
One of the reasons truckmounts work is the ability to use large amounts of water to flush and rinse the carpets clean amd have the ability to extract the water which also very important.
LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2004 at 4:49pm

I like the 4 jets and lots of weight.

i have a couple of wand glides andIlike them less everyday.

Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2004 at 5:13pm

I've been eyeing up that Chemspec wand on this very site.

Just wish I could try it out first.

Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2004 at 11:24pm

Originally posted by Steaminpile Steaminpile wrote:

I've been eyeing up that Chemspec wand on this very site. Just wish I could try it out first.

It's real purty aint it.  

Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/February/2004 at 1:29am

it's a beauty

I heard it's quite heavy

is this true?

Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/February/2004 at 1:47am
Bout 12 and a half pounds I reckon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>