Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

What did YOU clean today?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did YOU clean today?
    Posted: 03/July/2004 at 12:42pm
I'm interested in what you fine ladies and gentlemen get up to.  I had a good one today, a winery.  Got into several types of surfaces. 

The wine tasting area has these massive native slate pieces that desperately needed cleaning.  The floor was laid about 1870, and I don't think that it had any type of cleaning besides mopping since.  Hit it with an alkaline solutuon, worked it in with the scrubbing of the RX-20, then 1200 psi pressure wash and neuraliser (the bristles of the RX going at the same time), then one more pass to get the rest of the water off.  Those natural colours of the slate haven't been seen in decades 'till now, I'm assured.

Next, a large cut stone tile in the employees lunch room.  Those vineyard workers leave a nasty boot print, let me tell you!  Same treatment as the slate, to great effect.

After that, ceramic tiles in the toilets, and a funky vinyl surface in the lab.  Both sticky.  That vinyl had a weird texture... like linen almost.  Held the dirt nicely, but two scrub passes with the RX at pressure got it back.  Same alkaline solution.  Acids are saved for greasy industrial kitchens.  Don't worry folks, I tested the chem & the RX on all these surfaces before proceeding.  No problems, so the job went ahead. 

Then some normal nylon carpet in the small office, and some good hard wearing upholstery on the office chairs.  All cleaned of coffee, cup-a-soup, and  the full bodied red wines this place is known for.

I came, I cleaned, I got paid, and got a bottle of Cab-Sav to boot.

What do yo guys (and gals) get up to?

Cheers,

Allen

Sponsored Links

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/July/2004 at 5:38pm

Well I took advantage of a slow day and cleaned my back room up. Found many old gems that I will fix up and sell for a song.

Example, I found a Hydra Master PTO Truckmount that I would sell for $3,000. Put another $1,500 or so into it and you will have a unit that sells new for $20,000.

Truckmount

Keep tuned for other goodies. Like $500.00 new vacuums selling at half price.

Edited by Carpetologist
 Post Reply Post Reply