Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

$4 Gas is only a few weeks away now.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2008 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Liverpool mike Liverpool mike wrote:

we can only dream of $4 gas, over the other side of the pond we pay the equivalent of $10 and it's rising

Liverpool mike, I can only sympathise in your postion. Because the UK government charges over 80% of your gas price in taxes, UK drives face the highest gas prices in the world. And it is far from over yet.

By the time the USA has put it's gas prices up to around $12/gal(In about 3 to 4 years from now), you blokes will be paying at least $20/gal or more over there. I can only think this will hasten the time when most UK drivers will have plug in hybrid cars and air cars as the main form of transit.

Edited by Superglide Ken - 05/March/2008 at 12:16pm
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Sponsored Links

Liverpool mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liverpool mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2008 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

we can only dream of $4 gas, over the other side of the pond we pay the equivalent of $10 and it's rising

Liverpool mike, I can only sympathise in your postion. Because the UK government charges over 80% of your gas price in taxes, UK drives face the highest gas prices in the world. And it is far from over yet.

By the time the USA has put it's gas prices up to around $12/gal(In about 3 to 4 years from now), you blokes will be paying at least $20/gal or more over there. I can only think this will hasten the time when most UK drivers will have plug in hybrid cars and air cars as the main form of transit.

I have a hybrid ford now, once more and more people switch to the hybrid the goverment will increase the tax on that aswell. It's a win for now and then it's a lose, lose, lose  situation. Got to get the tax from somewhere.
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2008 at 1:35pm

Liverpool mike, I can only sympathise in your postion. Because the UK government charges over 80% of your gas price in taxes, UK drives face the highest gas prices in the world. And it is far from over yet. By the time the USA has put it's gas prices up to around $12/gal(In about 3 to 4 years from now), you blokes will be paying at least $20/gal or more over there. I can only think this will hasten the time when most UK drivers will have plug in hybrid cars and air cars as the main form of transit.

I have a hybrid ford now, once more and more people switch to the hybrid the goverment will increase the tax on that aswell. It's a win for now and then it's a lose, lose, lose  situation. Got to get the tax from somewhere.

Liverpool Mike:

I think you might need to go with the Air Car next. The Government will probably charge taxes on the batteries in the hybrids all right, but they will have a hard time taxing the air you breath and put in your car to power it. you cant completly avoid taxes, but you can reduce them.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2008 at 12:10am

This morning in Miami............

This post is for everyone with half a brain. That excludes Kenny, because when it comes to the battle of the minds, Kenny Baby is unarmed.

A few days ago Kenny was excited to tell us that in Miami gas was $3.49 a gallon. The reason he posted that was because he claimed that BY MARCH gas was going to be $4 a gallon, everywhere. The problem is that gas was actually $3.01 in Miami on that day. I say so because tax on gas in Florida is 49 cents a gallon. They have to tax the heck out of things because they have no income tax.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 11/March/2008 at 1:11am
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2008 at 12:14am
In the People's Republic of Wiconsin, where I live, gas can be found at about $3.03 if you shop around. http://www.wisconsingasprices.com/
That means that gas is a little more than $2.50 before tax.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 11/March/2008 at 12:18am
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2008 at 12:51am
Price of gas is charged with TAX in. You count that in the price. It is not like it is optional.
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2008 at 1:16am
Of course it's not optional. It's not optional on anything. If gas were $0 a gallon, and tax was $4.00 a gallon, gas would still be $0 a gallon. At the pump, however, it would be $4.00 a gallon.  That's why your prediction is so stupid. To point out that Florida's gas is expensive to prove that the entire country is nearly $4, is typical of your stupidity.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 11/March/2008 at 1:17am
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2008 at 2:09am
No Friendly. I am saying that within 3 weeks from now the NATIONAL AVERAGE price of gas will be $4/gal or higher. I am NOT talking about just a part of it like FL or CA.
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2008 at 2:35am

No Friendly. I am saying that within 3 weeks from now the NATIONAL AVERAGE price of gas will be $4/gal or higher. I am NOT talking about just a part of it like FL or CA.

Of course. So your example using a state with a tax of 50 cents is stupid.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 11/March/2008 at 2:35am
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2008 at 11:20am
Not stupid at all. I leave that description for you.

The sign makes a good visual representation of what everyone in the USA will be paying for gas in a few weeks time. Canada and Europe and many parts of Asia have been paying even higher prices than these for a while now.
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2008 at 3:06pm
Of course gas will go up in a few weeks. In addition the birds will start to fly north. Brilliant deduction, Einstein. The prediction wasn't that gas will go up 40 cents. The prediction was that gas will go up $1 to a total of $4.  Banning a big political or natural disaster, gas will not get up to $4 this summer. The economy of the US (and therefore the world) is slowing down. Gas prices in the future will reflect the state of the economy. 

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 11/March/2008 at 3:07pm
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2008 at 3:31pm
Nobody but me is saying prices will rise to $4 in March. The few that have said $4 will happen this Spring said it is likely to be May when it happens. I am calling it ahead of all the other forecasters of the price. I see things that they don't. It takes vision. You don't have it.
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2008 at 3:58pm

I predict Kenny will piss somebody off by the end of March.

I have vision! Cool
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2008 at 4:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>