Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Windows???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows???
    Posted: 19/March/2008 at 9:40pm
I've been cleaning carpet for the last 8 years. I've had my own carpet cleaning business for the last 4.  I was wandering, does anyone offer window cleaning in their list of services? I have cleaned windows a few times in my janitorial services, but i was wandering if it would be worth the time to offer this as a full service under my company. Thanks.
Sponsored Links

FuzzSucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2008 at 11:34am
I did, or should I say I do windows, sometimes.  I wouldn't offer it as a "full service." Just offer it to those you would want to.  I only do them when I am in the house and I can see what kind of cleaning situation I am getting myself into.  I never advertise for it outside of my current clients homes.

Edited by FuzzSucker - 06/January/2009 at 11:42pm
medicman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2008 at 5:07pm
Thanks for the input, greatly appreciated!
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2008 at 7:09pm
Not only window cleaning but House painting.. lawn care.. and handyman services.. Money is money..Money%20Smile
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2008 at 2:30pm
Alot of these jobs come across our laps...  I just try to focus on the inside of the house.  I carpet clean, upholstery clean,I take loose rugs and grout cleaning.  I find that already too much stuff to carry around with me. 

But if windows work for you why the hell not.  Like John L says money is money.

I just like to focus
Aaron R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2008 at 6:22pm
If you like to be outside, windows can be a great way to make some $$. I also powerwash for some of my regular customers. It's a very small investment to get started and will add some zeros to your income!
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2008 at 9:33am
what do you charge per window????
medicman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2008 at 12:19pm

I usually charge between 5 and 15 bucks a window, depending on the size and the number of windows. But i usually dont do windows on a normal basis, so i dont know if i undercharge or over charge. Anyone else??

FuzzSucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2008 at 9:11pm
it depends on the job.  I usually charge on a per pane of glass basis.  Around $4-5 per pane assuming they are not huge, or $70 per hour, which ever comes first.  If they dont like the price, so what! I would rather be cleaning carpets anyway.  I also never quote over the phone or advertise for it.  Only if I am in the clients home and they have a nice place and I have nothing else to do will it even be offered.  You dont want the 50 year old house with storm windows or antique French windows.  They are more hassle than they are worth.  The optimum home for windows are less than 10 years old and the windows are already in good shape.  Old aluminum windows are huge PIA and not worth the aggravation.  

Edited by FuzzSucker - 06/January/2009 at 11:42pm
 Post Reply Post Reply