Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Hotels / Motels

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCandmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hotels / Motels
    Posted: 08/April/2008 at 11:37pm
I could use some advice from any of you guys cleaning hotel/motels (Days Inn, Ramada-type): 

A local guy who owns eight wants to know my price for cleaning all carpet (rooms, halls, and outside walkways) once/twice a year.  My only commercial experience is some monthly restaurant accounts. 

The hallways are big and the rooms are small.  Each location 3-8 levels.
Should it be HWE, OP, Cimex or what?
What do these places usually pay per sqft? or per room?

Thanks for the help.  I'd like the regular business during my slower winter months, but really don't want to get caught up in a big pia or low profit obligation.  If you guys say it sucks, I'll give him sticker shock.
Sponsored Links

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2008 at 12:20am
Those places are the hardest people to deal with, clean for , and collect from . Other than that, they're great places to do, because most of the time it's not very dirty and easy to clean. As far as the price................whatever you say.....................it's too much .

Nightrider
ezebill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ezebill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2008 at 1:09am
I charge $ 35.00 per room not moving any beds dresser's or night stands, minimum of 10 HWE run 200psi if they do the halls at the same time i charge $0.14 per sq foot $ 0.20 per sq foot if just halls
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2008 at 2:18am
They will probably want it done for $10 or less per room. I wouldn't do it for less than $25 with a 6 room same area minimum. Hallways .10-.20 sq ft depending on frequency and soiling. Good luckBig%20smile

The STD Meter
h8z2luze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h8z2luze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2008 at 10:48pm
Well i think your talking in canadian money but in UDS We do all the motel 6, best westerns, and a few others in northern and centeral california a couple times a year thats what our business survives on.  We are way below what other people charge because my boss is 74 and still lives in the 50's lol.  Around where I live we charge about $10.00 USD per roomand depending on how long the halls are $40-$60-$80  Most of the people that own hotels and motels around here are east indian and they DO NOT want to spend money.  We have been doing them for upwards of 10 years now though so we do have a good history.  HOWEVER on the coast we charge about $18 USD per room because all the carpet cleaners over there charge upwards of $25 per room.  Guess who gets the business :)  I work with about 600PSI at about 200degrees  Works great with the right chemicals.  If your doing a 8 story hotel you better have ALOT of hose or a protable.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2008 at 12:17am
get a signed P.O. or you may work and never get paid.

Motels are a P.I.T.A.  you need a good 5 star hotel.....where you do everything in a room.  200 to 300 per room is what you are looking for...  that consists of carpet furniture drapes mattress the works.

forget about sh*tty motels..
h8z2luze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h8z2luze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2008 at 1:23am
ya its not much money i agree  We usually make about 300 a day
CCandmore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCandmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2008 at 7:37pm
Got in touch with the guy today.  Quoted 4 big hallways at .25 per sqft.  Told him that was the lowest price we quote.  I was a little surprised that he went with it, since I'm pretty sure he was expecting less.  I will get paid when we finish.  I'm not sure if I'll get any more work from him, but I'm not convinced whether I want the $10 room deal anyway. Got to estimate how many I can finish an hour before getting involved with that.

Anyway, thanks for all the input.  It kept me from bidding too low and pissing away a Saturday.
h8z2luze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h8z2luze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2008 at 7:53pm
Depending on how big the room I can finish 30 rooms in 3-5 hours
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2008 at 8:21pm
10 rooms/hour...............wow..........wish I can work that fast

Nightrider
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/April/2008 at 12:29am
You can nightrider with a Cimex. LOL

Anyways CC you should  negotiate a 1-2yr signed contract contingent on the thumbs up on your first clean.. Well, thats how i operate with payment due on receipt! If that dont fly with'em.. Ostilla vista baby! NEXT......
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/April/2008 at 1:20am
A " Cimex " machine reminds me of buttering my toast in the morning, just smearing it all around nice and even

Nightrider
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/April/2008 at 1:43am
Toast with smeared butter is greatThumbs%20Up

The STD Meter
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/April/2008 at 8:22am
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

A " Cimex " machine reminds me of buttering my toast in the morning, just smearing it all around nice and even

Nightrider
Who cares what we think.  If you have ever used a cimex everyday like I do, you would love it.  It makes the carpet look real nice and clean, and thats what the customer will pay you for.  Just did a store that has been done HWE for years.  The owner called 3 days later to tell us what a wonderful job we did, none of the stains came back and it looks real clean better than it has ever been done before.

so I say extra butter anyone!

I wanna marry my cimex!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>