Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Marketing and promotion discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marketing and promotion discussion
    Posted: 28/February/2004 at 12:48pm
From what I understand is all anyone needs to know is you have hottest, biggest, newest and most powerful truckmount on the market.  That will impress the hell out of everyone becasuse you can intimidate all the guys with just an ordinary truckmount or other method of cleaning.  Does sound right?
Sponsored Links

LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2004 at 4:52pm

Why of course sir.

Trust, reputation, ptions, guarantee and service have nothing to do with success.

Do they??

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2004 at 5:15pm
Lee:  In a galaxcy far far away.  Where everyone cleans with a magic wand. O I forgot the star ship truckmount called the enterprize 
LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/February/2004 at 12:17pm

I have customers who call me year after year for a variety of reasons.

Honestly I think our most important marketing plan and policy is that when we attend a home we prequalify the job and let the customer know before  hand what may not come out during the cleaning.

The day we switched from "price" to "trust" life became easier.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/February/2004 at 12:52pm
Lee:  You are right on.  We alway prefer to talk to the pretential client face to face discuss their concerns.  I believe the hardest sell is to sell yourself to the client.  That is why you have room cleaners telepnone solitation these are people who are bait and switch companies who only know upsell and who have given the industry as a whole a bad name.  Even if they are the largest franchises and companies out there they are looking for market share and in doing so they are also quantity cleaners not quality cleaners who have to depend on volume.  I have been in a county which is 60 miles long and 25 miles wide with a population of 59000 people and have survived for over 20 years and have had a lot of city companies come and go.  There is a different mantality in a small area where people remember not like the city where poles have been conduted where people even a little as a week after their cleaning has been done cannot remember the name of the company or the method used.  So long after the sweet taste of a cheap job is gone the bitter tast of you get what you pay for remains.  I think many cleaners do not want to be put in a spot so prefer to try to clean everythin up on the phone.  Most make the mistake of the phrase ( It wll look like when we are done.)  What a pile of crap.  If the carptet has become completely saturated with soil you will have returning the carpet to 50% of new appearance and I don't care if your truckmount has a lear jet in it.  That is why the Carpet nad Rug Institute reccommend carpet should be cleaned before they become visible soiled. Not clean ed every cou[le of weeks because a carpet who is slow at the time needs work.  You will show much more professional if you can use some kind of creditable information to backup your reccommendations to your clients.
kool-aid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kool-aid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2004 at 4:24pm

Relationship with the customers has been the key to my success.  Two Property managers supply 40% of my buisness(with no advertising).   They know I appriciate them, and  would consider me their friend.  I had to prove myself to them though.  I've always been willing to give more than I receive.  I answer my phone right away, I listen to what they're saying, I respond on their time, and I do a great job for them.  I've recently branched out to a new city, and the same concepts are working here also. 

1. I contact every property manager

2. I offer 3 free apartments(most managers have someone they like already, and not to excited to change.) this shows my willingness to serve and give something for nothing.

3. I follow up once a week, asking for a chance on there next vacancy, especially an eviction(they usually have to pay for these and why not use a free cleaning.)

4.  When given the chance to work, provide the best cleaning they've ever seen.  Answer the phone when it rings.  Ask them when they want it done and do it then.  Leave the place looking amazing, I usually look for anything I can do, I'll clean the lenolium to show I can do this also.  And I follow up to find out how they liked my service.

This has been the blood for my business.  I love empty apartments.  Property management is another great source for water restoration also, just don't rape them on equipment rental(I picked up  a new manager as a result of this)

Property Management costs you nothing in advertising once your in.  

Does anyone have other great ways to pick up custormers? 

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2004 at 6:36pm
I'm just damn good....better than you...you and you!I'm the best...the best of the best.  If I clean your customer, it'll be mine by the end.
LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2004 at 11:13pm

Dream on punk.

Sears hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Who died and may you king??

First you insult Doug, who has forgotten more than you'll ever know.

Now you put yourself over all here. Don't underestimate the world.

I have to admit though, I like your spunk.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2004 at 11:05pm

punk I think not.....but you have to believe in what you sell...if your not selling the best then why are you selling it????

When I walk into a house...like we all do, some of us sell cleaning...I sell an experience....I am damn proud of the job I do...it doesn't matter who I do it for, I'm a carpet whore I'll clean for anyone and everyone.....

Yes I am King...and when I'm in your house your the kings best friend...and you get that royal treatment...

Yes doug's probally forgotten more stuff that I'll ever know...but it was most likely useless stuff...cuz I know my job...I do it the damn best...

there can be more than one best...two best.... three best

But once Mr. Steamer walks through your door, your getting His BEST! and thats the damn BEST!!

Millions served

1 reservice(she was a BEE with an itch)

Mr. Steamer Carpet Cleaner

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 11:51pm

Smile

Edited by nightrider - 22/November/2007 at 11:19am
Americancarpet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americancarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2004 at 11:20pm
I have found that if you use your business card to it's max potential you get fantastic results. Make one side of it a coupon of some sort. You have to give them a reason to call YOU and not your competitor. Give them something worth hanging on to andn as long as you did a good job the first time...they WILL CALL you back when the time comes.
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 2:18am

Smile

Edited by nightrider - 22/November/2007 at 11:34am
Monsterclean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monsterclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 10:15pm

Hey Jack, 

I like your style, and I agree with you.   We are not in the carpet cleaning business; we are in the marketing business.  Marketing to one person at a time may feel good, but it's futile.  I reach over 1,000,000 homes with yellow pages advertising.  It costs a lot, but it works.  

I looked into radio, but 40 spots over a one week period cost $1k in my area.  If I owned ten trucks, I might work it into the budget, but for now, it just doesn't make sense.  I am considering a bulletin board ad. Has anyone ever tried bulletin board advertising? 

Barry

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2004 at 11:34pm
Smile

Edited by nightrider - 22/November/2007 at 11:34am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>