Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Scotchgard and Teflon Fabric Protection
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

easy to upsell????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2008 at 11:34pm
There comes a point where your sales/profits peak if you don't upsell and don't raise your prices more than your costs. You can only increase your profit by upselling. If it benefits the customer and you, it's a win/win situationBig%20smile

The STD Meter
Sponsored Links

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2008 at 2:19pm
Doug just might have something there , most of us never thought of it , but like when people do it to us , and then we are so surprised................I'm talking about the word  " HONEST "  Imagine that ..... being honest with one another.....what a concept .

We all expect our wives and kids to be honest with us.............yet we turn around and screw our neighbour.

Good for you Doug , you far exceed the word " Professional " Maybe we can all live with fewer luxury toys and be " Honest " It's not the one with the most toys who wins at the end

Nightrider
FuzzSucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2008 at 2:54pm
I find the less time I spend up-selling, the more time I spend setting up appointments with all those lovely referrals. Which leads me to more referrals and so on and so forth. 

Don't get me wrong if they need guard or deo, I will sell it if they are ready and willing, but not at the cost of possibly having a situation where the spouse comes home angry at the double sized bill and a major case of buyers remorse sets in. After all you didnt get the chance to sell him/her on the deo.  He/her just sees $$$$Angry.

Edited by FuzzSucker - 06/January/2009 at 11:14pm
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2008 at 3:23pm
And the winner of the Best Business Philosophy is ....................

THE CUSTOMER
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2008 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

Mr. Steamer the difference between the way I do business and the way you do business???  I see amd meet the people I do work for  unlike you who probably don't even know your neigbour.  I don't sell I reccommend if after reviewing and deciding on my clients needs  then a dettermination is made as to what if anything is needed?
I never said I did business that way. Thread is about upselling.  If I'm doing a sub call I will sell, because I only make a percentage.  I don't sell on my own jobs, because I'm making way more money. 
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2008 at 10:17pm
Glad that's settled?
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2008 at 11:31am

They asked how to sell more... I answered....you didn't answer doug.

you just jumped on my answer...ripping to to piece calling it un ethical.

please doug could you give a totally ethical way to make more sales.???
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2008 at 4:23pm
Some just don't have the b@lls to upsell.. You might never do that customer again in life and you did your very best.. It might be because you have bad breath or bad teeth or your stinky portables stink blew inside the house..LOL  Or your just fat and ugly.. Ahhhh!!
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2008 at 5:00pm
There's nothing wrong with upselling...almost every business does it .........you go in to buy a pair of pants ( they show you a nice shirt to go with it or shoes ) I went to McDonalds to buy a milkshake and they asked me if I want fries with it.....it is common practise in new car sales .

If you are going to upsell alot, let your customer make an educated decission on the upsell product according to your truthful explanation of it . Mention the pros and cons.............and leave it to them.

Nightrider
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2008 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

There's nothing wrong with upselling...almost every business does it .........you go in to buy a pair of pants ( they show you a nice shirt to go with it or shoes ) I went to McDonalds to buy a milkshake and they asked me if I want fries with it.....it is common practise in new car sales .

If you are going to upsell alot, let your customer make an educated decission on the upsell product according to your truthful explanation of it . Mention the pros and cons.............and leave it to them.

Nightrider
Jacks best damn post ever...  but it doesn't answer the orginal question...
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2008 at 6:32pm
To answer the original question...................as far as a marketing point of view...............SEARS WINS HANDS DOWN..........Why................because people trust Sears and the people who work under their banner, they know or rather think that they won't get screwed and imagine that the Sears guarantee  will protect them from all grievances .

With that said...................there is no reason why you cannot upsell your products as long as you believe in them to do what they supposed to do..................there is nothing harder than selling a rock with the promise that water will come out when squeezed hard . Believe in yourself and your product and you should be able to upsell all day long with no problems .

Nightrider

Edited by nightrider - 03/August/2008 at 6:34pm
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/August/2008 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

Some just don't have the b@lls to upsell.. You might never do that customer again in life and you did your very best.. It might be because you have bad breath or bad teeth or your stinky portables stink blew inside the house..LOL  Or your just fat and ugly.. Ahhhh!!
so what the hell is your point. 
Just My opinion
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/August/2008 at 8:33pm
I still believe the upsell has to be for the customers best interest not the best interest of the cleaner. When you upsell to benifit yourself and not be the least bit interested in the customers concerns well I guess that's where differ?
Just My opinion
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/August/2008 at 8:38pm
LOL what the hell is yours? LOL 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>