Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

12" Carpet Wand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesterj2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12" Carpet Wand
    Posted: 18/August/2008 at 8:07pm

Im looking to buy a decent wand to start off...
Would this wand be best for carpet cleaning or tile/grout cleaning... I ask because it says it has a 1200 psi valve...
I thought that I need one with like 500-750 psi for carpet cleaning... Its listed on EBAY...

Here's the link: 12" Carpet Wand

Sponsored Links

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2008 at 10:16am
For that price Lester why ask.............it's more than a decent wand.........and it is used for carpet cleaning only.
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2008 at 10:30am
Don't buy that wand.. If you look the jets art too far up.. Looks like about 5" up..
lesterj2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesterj2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2008 at 10:50am
being that the jets are 5" apart. will that make any type of difference...
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2008 at 11:03am
No Im talking 5" from the carpet.. You'll loose alot of heat and psi.. I had a wand that looked like that and the jets were so high i had to add extenders..
 Around 3" is good..
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2008 at 8:30pm
After looking at that piece of sh*t tm you keep showing pics of i wouldn't worry about a wand?
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2008 at 9:19pm
He needs a wand to figure out if its a POS or notShocked

The STD Meter
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2008 at 10:01pm
Well would you rather have that tm or a porty that can run 200ft of hose? LOL
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2008 at 10:12pm
The TMBig%20smile

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2008 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

Well would you rather have that tm or a porty that can run 200ft of hose? LOL
I very seldom ever need 200' of hose on my tm. so who in their right mond would require a porty to need 200' of hose???  A portable is just that something that can be moved????
Just My opinion
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2008 at 4:08pm
Some porty operators run that length.. It could be they dont want to move it up the stairs 200'.. A straight shot i would roll it closer..Basketball%20Bounce
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2008 at 8:20pm
I rarely run more than 80 ft of hose for residentialBig%20smile

The STD Meter
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/August/2008 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

Don't buy that wand.. If you look the jets art too far up.. Looks like about 5" up..

John

Because of what you said and I never noticed the height of the jets............I measured the average wand that Ted sells and the jets are 3" from the bottom. Your right.......you would lose heat and water impact to the carpet..........the bottom line is that........some cleaners want cheap.......rather then quality......sure keeps China booming though.
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/August/2008 at 7:32pm
That Adwa sure is a smart girlThumbs%20Up

The STD Meter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>