Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Mytee dx1005 vs Recoil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MASTER STEAM CLEAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mytee dx1005 vs Recoil
    Posted: 26/November/2008 at 5:11pm
 Any input on recoil vs mytee dx 1005.The way I see it mytee is 1000 cheaper than the xps. I get this number from DX w/ Booster . Mytee has 2 3stage vac a optional universal 3 stage booster 125 of lift x 300 cfm is 37500 vac units. I think it has lil more vac units than recoil. Recoil 2 3stage vacand 2 stage booster built in . But the recoil has auto dump on that model included. bOTH UNITS HAVE 2 inch ports both units have 450 psi pumps. Why is recoil the better choice . 1200 dollars more for the recoil care to build some value . Inmy opinion a C/C on budget would want the Mytee. But I do like The recoil with the 40 gallon tanks
Sponsored Links

FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2008 at 7:39am
How is the Mytee booster universal? the only one I know of is the Airhog, and it only works with the Mytee.

Also, the biggest tank you can get is more important than price if you are going to do serious business. If you don't have an autofill/dump, then you have to spend time emptying and filling the machine. How much would you pay to reduce your trips to the sink by 40% (or whatever number) for the life of the machine? If you pay someone $10 and the save 1 hour a day, you'll make back your money in 3-4 months.  I retired a 20 year old Castex last year, and I can only imagine how much I could have made with a tank that was bigger. Certainly a 6 gallon increase would be worth tens of thousands.

And in addition to having a relatively small tank, the Mytee pump is actually a 500 psi pump that is set to 450. The excess 50 psi is being pumped into the recovery tank, so the darn thing is filling up faster than any other machine on the market. If you are able to see a demo, just watch the water drop in the solution tank while the thing is running. Open the recovery tank when it is empty and watch the water flow in. It's crazy.

I own a DX, so I am speaking from experience. But if initial cost is your only concern, the Mytee can't be beat. That's why is sells so well.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 27/November/2008 at 7:53am
watchman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2008 at 1:54pm
friendly ... I have to correct you on a couple of points you made pertaining to the mytee . I own the mytee 1003 hv. when the pressure builds too high the cleaning solution is returned back into the solution tank not the dirty water tank. I also own the universal vac booster which is a 3 stg vac motor and attaches to the solution tank lid on any porty with the screw on lid and can be purchased from steambrite for 399.00. I now operate my porty with 3 3stg vacs. my mytee is 3 years old and so far not a single problem...great machine very powerful. I run 100' of hose from it every day. for a porty it rocks.
JUST WATCHING AND LEARNING
MASTER STEAM CLEAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MASTER STEAM CLEAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2008 at 5:20pm

Watchman is correct about the steam brite universal 9 stages of vac, the air hog would 10 stages of vac  and lil more lift due to the 2/ 2 stages . The bad part to the universal boost is it is attached to the top of waste tank Drag baby drag is the problem. I think a inline boost like savages inline or the nordic would be the absolute best system nut the best system comes with a price 1100 - 2000 for a booster 100- 170 cfm.

Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2008 at 3:24am
Originally posted by watchman watchman wrote:

friendly ... I have to correct you on a couple of points you made pertaining to the mytee . I own the mytee 1003 hv. when the pressure builds too high the cleaning solution is returned back into the solution tank not the dirty water tank. I also own the universal vac booster which is a 3 stg vac motor and attaches to the solution tank lid on any porty with the screw on lid and can be purchased from steambrite for 399.00. I now operate my porty with 3 3stg vacs. my mytee is 3 years old and so far not a single problem...great machine very powerful. I run 100' of hose from it every day. for a porty it rocks.

My 1003DX has a priming lever. When depressed it pumps the water from the solution tank into the recovery tank. When the machine is running, water still moves from one tank to the other. Mytee explains that they have adjusted their 500 psi pump to work at 450 to increase the life of the pump. That extra 50 psi is going into the recovery tank on my machine. If I run my machine at 200 psi, even more water (250 psi - in other words, more gpm) flows into the tank. I've compared it to a demo model and found the same thing. Perhaps yours is different than mine, but those are the facts.

Any doubts? Test my explanation with a new demo model. You'll thank me if you do.

Also, I still have yet to see a universal Mytee booster. Yes, others make them, but that's not the point. Although it is a fantastic booster, the Airhog is by no means universal. It won't work with any other machine on the planet.

If you are serious about carpet cleaning with a porty, then I urge you to consider tank size as one of the most important factors in making your decision. If it's a hobby, or if you are the only employee your company will ever have and you don't care how long or hard you work, ignore my advice. Happiness is based upon perceptions, not the facts.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 28/November/2008 at 3:50am
watchman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2008 at 10:54am
friendly... the 1003hv is identical to the 1005 dx except the 1003 hv has heat. as I am keyboarding this I am looking at a blow up scetch of this machine. From the primer switch at the bottom there is a hose that goes to the solution tank and a note written beside that reads. quote: If pressure builds up too high the valve allows water to return to the solution tank. end quote ... maybe mytee made changes in the last 3 years since I purchased this machine but that change wouln't make sense. If you would like to see this info send me a fax # and i'll fax you this document.  As far as the universal booster is concerned I purchased this from steambrite last august. It's not manufactured by mytee. the vac booster is a 3 stg vac and screws onto the top of any machine with the screw on lid such as the mytee, diamond back and others. go into the steambrite website and you can see it there. search for "universal booster".
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2008 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by watchman watchman wrote:

maybe mytee made changes in the last 3 years since I purchased this machine but that change wouln't make sense

The 1003 I have is less than a year old. Like I said, try one out if you don't believe me. The lower the psi you set the thing at, the faster it pumps water into the recovery tank.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 28/November/2008 at 4:29pm
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2008 at 8:08pm
#48 from the pump to vac tank (wastetank).. I ran 3 portys that were 10gal solution tanks for yrs.. What a pain in the neck filling dumping all the time.. Got the bigger Recoil unit and not as much of a pain in the neck.. The bigger tanks will increase production time like FH said.. Big%20smile
watchman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/November/2008 at 4:08pm
mytee = 12 gal solution tank
#48 = cord strain relief fitting
#32 = hose from prime to solution tank
absolutly no connection between solution and dirty water tank on the mytee
1003 hv. they changed the name of this porty the following year after I purchased it to 1003 dx. It appears they made internal changes as well.
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/November/2008 at 7:08pm

autofill and auto dump are da bomb

A.K.A.
Andy
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/November/2008 at 7:12pm
I have a Mytee M-5 made for Greenglides

it's an awesome porty

and with autofill and dump all the water winds up in the toilet so I don't have to worry
A.K.A.
Andy
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/November/2008 at 7:25pm

#48 adapter, brass, 1/4" sw barb x 1/4" fpt, w/gasket goes into vac tank.

#51 sol hose, 1/4" kuri 150psi to vac tank from pump unloader valve? Is it dumping water?
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/November/2008 at 8:23pm
The 1003DX new design was designed by someone who doesn't like carpet cleaners.  You can actually fill the vac tank with water in a few minutes by turning the psi to 100-200 and never use the wand.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 29/November/2008 at 8:23pm
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/November/2008 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by FriendlyHammer FriendlyHammer wrote:

The 1003DX new design was designed by someone who doesn't like carpet cleaners.  You can actually fill the vac tank with water in a few minutes by turning the psi to 100-200 and never use the wand.

Who does he like?Shocked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>