Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

10 minute carpet dry times............

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10 minute carpet dry times............
    Posted: 10/September/2004 at 3:13pm

Is it really possible? With Truck-mounted equipment? It is if you have a Cleanco TM! I developed a system 7 years ago that allows your Cleanco TM to dry carpet that fast or faster, and I do not mean dry to your hand either. I am talking dry to a moisture sensor that is used in water damage work to indicate when the carpet back and pad is dry. I have even refined this device to totally dry a flooded basement carpet and pad totally dry in under 1 hour!

Now that I have told you what it can do, I am interested in how many of you in the GTA and elsewhere in Canada are interested in this. The cost of this system at retail would be approx $6900 or less for all equipment needed and installation to your van. It will be available in Canada first, with introduction to the US market to follow.

Keep in mind that your customers will pay you at least .50/sq ft for carpet cleaned and dryed this way. I often get up to $1/sq ft here in Calgary, so half of that in the GTA should be easy.

I look forward to your comments on the "Power-Dri System".

Superglide Ken

Edited by Superglide Ken
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2004 at 3:37pm
Ken: lets cut the bulls*it.  I didn't fall off the apple cart yesterday.  10 minutes.  You are drying the carpets faster than you are cleaning them. It takes longer than for a dry cleaning solvent to disapate or evaporate whatever. I think even if you hooked your vac hose to a lear jet it still would take longer than 10 minutes.  By the way a Hydro Sensor in carpet does mean it is dry just below I think about 17%. Hell to listen to the GTA cleaners on this board nobody it the GTA works for less than $0.50 per sq. ft.  That's why nobody in the GTA buys used.  They all make soooo much money only new and the best of new will do so a $1.00 per sq. ft. probably won't even get them exicited.Guitar
Just My opinion
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2004 at 4:07pm

LOL. I understand your skeptism Doug, but remember I have been in this biz longer than you(26 years now)and have been working on systems to make this a reality almost as long. As the name of my system suggests, the carpets are Power Dried using POSITIVE pressure air, not NEGATIVE pressure air. You are quite correct that it is not posibble to get those times using vacuum alone. The fastest I have been able to get so far with negative air is about 30 minutes which what got me my initial deal with Hydroforce on my glides last September in Salt Lake city. That was to meter dry too, which is 17%. The human hand cannot feel moisture below 20% as a rule, so that is still pretty good.

The Power-Dri System is made up of a RX-20 with my special skids on it and the attachments that get installed into the cleanco TM to allow you to use the hot(175 degree) dry air that comes from the exhaust from your blower there. There is a device for bringing the air temp down from the average 225 to 250 degrees that the blower puts out to bring it down to that 175 degree temp that is so effective for drying carpet. A regulator valve lowers the psi pressure down so that your hoses do not explode when you pump this air into the hoses under pressur,then into the RX which is in the house . The time I gave above is the time to completly dry an average 200 sq room of carpet. Of course it does not take into account the time you spend to clean it.When the RX is in positive air mode, it floats over the carpet like a hovercraft, so is very easy to control and requires little effort as compared to cleaning mode.

Those that already own an RX20 will not need to spend as much as the $6900 that someone who does not have one will. In that case, $2995 will get a system installed. This will comprise of Special Fast Dry Skids, the air cooler, regulator, and waste tank lockout and fresh air intake, plus the labour to install them on your van.

Bit more believable now isn't it Doug?

Superglide Ken

Edited by Superglide Ken
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2004 at 9:17pm

YES!!!! YES!!!! tell me how... damn Ken this sounds like an infommercial..

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2004 at 10:21pm

Mr Steamer: It is susposed to sound that way. That way you guys keep asking more questions and I get a chance to expand on the info and tell you more. This is how market research is done. Before I bring this type of system to the GTA, I need to make sure there is a good market for it.

Only place in Canada where I wont be selling the Power-Dri System is here in Calgary. I kind of like the exclusive I have here with this for my company. lol

Edited by Superglide Ken
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2004 at 11:43pm
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2004 at 11:05am
Thought you might appreciate the explanation, Andy.lol
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2004 at 2:52pm
Not much interest in dry carpets? Howabout the other use for basements then? Anyone else here interested in being able to dry out a flooded carpet and pad within 1 hour of extracting the water from it? I would think that service would be in demand in the GTA or anywhere else.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2004 at 8:04pm
get on with the show SG...  throw your pitch...we are waiting
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2004 at 1:13am
Mr. Steamer: It works the same way as if you were doing drying of non water damaged carpet. The only difference if that instead of leting the RX "hover" over the carpet for 20 seconds, you give it about 1 minute to dry the extra water out with the hot pressurized air. It only takes 40 minutes to bring a water damaged carpet to pre-loss condition. This assumes of course that you have already extracted as much as you can with you wand or water claw. Very simple really.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2004 at 2:34am
so what you're say is....buy an rx?>???
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2004 at 10:20am
Can't use this system without one. But remember, the rest of the equipment is still going to cost about $2995 above that. That is not in stone yet. I still need to talk to Ted about it first to see if that is the best price point to go with. My main reason for posting it here is to see what that kind of system is worth to you guys. You make thousands a month from it extra if you are into WD.
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2004 at 12:03pm
Maybe I should charge more for it to get your interest? lol
 Post Reply Post Reply