Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

APT. COMPLEX'S

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2009 at 12:27pm
Did you not make payment arrangements beforehand................I always ask " How will you being for my service and who will be paying the invoice" I also specify that terms are 30 days NO DISCOUNTS.

I forgot...........I also ask if they work with requisition forms...........if not........i supply one that he has to fill out on behalf of his firm. 
                                               Nightrider

Edited by nightrider - 21/February/2009 at 12:31pm
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2009 at 2:51pm
that was yesterday and yesterday's gone???
Just My opinion
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2009 at 6:13pm
What was yesterday..................
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2009 at 8:21pm
being paid on time for cleaning apts?
Just My opinion
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2009 at 12:09pm
Most I ever waited was exactly 11 days including Saturday/Sunday............just did a small appartment building 3 appts all hallways and painted 2 appts. Will finish 2nd coat tomorrow.............got paid @ 11:00 this morning in FULL ( CASH )

MAYBE WE ARE A DISTINCT SOCIETY Thumbs%20Up 
                                                Nightrider

Edited by nightrider - 22/February/2009 at 12:11pm
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2009 at 12:59pm
Cash is Good!
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2009 at 2:48pm

Called the guy twice.. He's never in the office..Confused  Or hasn't called back or emailed.. Angry

The office guy says they will give him the message.. Shocked

ProfitMaster shows $800 accts receivables..Cry 
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2009 at 3:24pm
change that from profit mastet ot loss master
Just My opinion
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2009 at 3:24pm
The quicker you put the receivable into the hands of an agency, the quicker you get paid.  The promise of repeat business means nothing if everytime you clean for the account you have to go through hell to get your cash.

Of course Cash In Advance is one way to go, COD is the other.  Let your commercial accounts complete a credit app and then do pay to have a credit report done on them.

I no longer do Kay's Jewelers because Solutions Management out of NY who they contract through took nearly 60 days the last time to pay me and this was the breaking point for me after seeing how they were slowing down with each of the recent payments.  And they are negotiating the rates down as well, then paying slower.  Sorry, I am not the banker.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2009 at 3:33pm
The way of the future?
Just My opinion
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2009 at 3:38pm
Hasn't that been the way for the last ten years or more?
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2009 at 3:42pm
back to the future then??
Just My opinion
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2009 at 4:10pm
If you are needed on a regular basis for the operations to go smoothly, you are a top priority vendor.  Anything else is either going to get paid very late or not at all (if there is a large supply of that type of service company in the area like carpet cleaners).  Been that way since at least the 70s.  
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
TipTopCleaning View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TipTopCleaning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2023 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by prouddadx3 prouddadx3 wrote:

Any type of river water is considered category 3 due to the load of organisms that are in it. We used to say that any water that traveled through organic load dirt was category 2. They must have changed this.

The categories of water in flood restoration refer to the level of contamination and potential health risks associated with the water. These categories are defined by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Here are the differences between Category 1, Category 2, and Category 3 water.

Category 1 Water (Clean Water):
  • Source: This water originates from a clean and sanitary source, such as a broken water supply line or faucet.
  • Characteristics: Category 1 water is not considered harmful initially. It does not pose a substantial threat to humans or animals.
  • Restoration Approach: Restoration for Category 1 water involves extraction, drying, and cleaning. Standard water restoration procedures are typically sufficient.
Category 2 Water (Grey Water):
  • Source: This water contains a significant degree of contamination and has the potential to cause discomfort or sickness if consumed or exposed to. It may come from sources such as a dishwasher or washing machine overflow.
  • Characteristics: Category 2 water may contain chemicals, microorganisms, or other contaminants. Contact with or ingestion of this water can cause health problems.
  • Restoration Approach: Restoration for Category 2 water includes additional steps such as antimicrobial treatments. Personal protective equipment (PPE) may be necessary during the restoration process.
Category 3 Water (Black Water):
  • Source: This water is grossly contaminated and can contain harmful bacteria, fungi, and viruses. Category 3 water can result from sewage backups, flooding from rivers or streams, or water from the ground surface.
  • Characteristics: Category 3 water poses a significant health risk. Direct contact or ingestion can lead to severe illness or even death.
  • Restoration Approach: Restoration for Category 3 water requires extensive measures. It involves thorough cleaning, disinfection, and sometimes the removal and replacement of affected materials. Technicians must use high levels of personal protective equipment.
It's crucial to note that the categorization of water can change over time. For example, clean water (Category 1) left untreated can become contaminated (Category 2 or 3) due to environmental factors and the presence of microbes. Prompt and appropriate action is essential in flood restoration to prevent the escalation of water contamination levels and mitigate health risks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12