Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Commercial Olefin Cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FooLingYu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2004 at 7:46pm
Looks like one spinning pizza with bean sprouts and one spinning pizza without pepperoni.
Sponsored Links

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2004 at 10:00pm
It is way more impressive than that! lol
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/September/2004 at 3:39pm

PadMan claims that orbital spinning as opposed to regular floor machine spinning are two totally different mechanical actions. He also suggests a much thinner pad to dig deeper for the soil as opposed to bonnet that skims the surface.

PadMan even challenges truckmounts against his system.

This is a man who puts his money where his mouth is.

PadMan discusses his system in an earlier forum post. Click here.

Edited by Carpetologist
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/September/2004 at 4:12pm

I think OP is great... but how much do pads cost...???and are they readily avaiable... ???you need 1000 or so????

with the machine cost ...the pad costs... the chemical costs...wow it'll almost put you into a truckmounted unit...

I need prices

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2004 at 9:36am
Mr. Steamer:  It depends on how much protection you need. Are you having a heavy day or light day.  In the back of my mind I always thought you were different.  I guess that's why you had such an easy time finding Allen's weekness's. Hey your secert is safe with me.Guitar
Just My opinion
gmoney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2004 at 1:14am

Mr. Steamer,

The prices are not even close.  Rough figures are as follows:  Canadian Funds of course....

OP machine $3500 tops, $1500 used

Pads $10 each (My source: hand made and top quality) (Only need 50-100 pads)

Chemicals costs are less because you use a hell of lot less water

Truckmount plus 3/4 ton $10-50,000 + gas to operate on a monthly basis,

truck and truckmount repairs, 10,000 hours life of truckmount (I have a 20 year old rotary with '0' lost days of production), cost for heated storage in winter etc.

In my opinion it is much cheaper.  If you are a die hard steamer then don't bother.  If you are into using safer methods (ie. wick back on olefin) with no chance of call backs in certain situations, then it is a valuable tool to add to your arsenal.

GGGGGGGGG

If you know what is good for you get it dry as quickly as possible
gmoney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2004 at 1:17am

By the way Steam man,

I know you are not a die hard steamer.  Heard you talk of using a rotary before.  That statement was for those that only rely on one method to clean no matter what the situation.

GGGGGGGGG

If you know what is good for you get it dry as quickly as possible
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2004 at 2:04am

Gmoney is right on his statement of course. Pad cleaning is incredably profitable both on it's input costs being lower than those of operating a TM, and the premium you can get for it over other methods because so few people do it. In the GTA this is a needed service! The steam cleaners there are so busy chopping each others prices, that few make the $100 per hour they should for their labour. John Geurkink gets .30/sq ft American where he lives, and that is about .40/sq ft in Canadian terms. How many of you get that much for your cleaning? Not many I suspect.

Add this on as another tool in your tool box and get out of the downward price spiral so many of your competiors are in. You don't have to participate you know. People that get well paid  get that way by being different from the crowd, not blending in. With this system, you have that chance of being different. Will you take it?

Edited by Superglide Ken
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Joel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2004 at 11:06am
Pads cost about $16.00 when you include freight/brokerage  and exchange on the dollar.
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2004 at 12:29pm

Seems a little high. But if true, you guys are going to luv the Hi-Tech Pads I am working on for the pad machine. It is one of my projects. They will cost less than this price and work better as well. When ready for market, you will read about them here first.

Who said that pads can't glide better too?

Superglide Ken

diva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2004 at 1:45pm

we have a CANADIAN suppier who will supply TOP QUALITY pads for far less.

We would never pay $16 PLUS PLUS

NOR would we pay $8.50 (U.S. dollars) PLUS PLUS

WE have a great supplier right here in the GTA for hand made TOP of the line pads and they even customize your pads if you choose.

So Padding has suddenly become affordable!!

CARPET CLEANING DIVA       

DRYER AND ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY IS THE WAY TO GO!

THE DIVA
Joel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2004 at 1:56pm

Why don't you share where we can get these pads Diva?

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2004 at 1:57pm
Who is this supplier for more affordable pads, Diva? Speak up so everyone reading your post can benefit. It is certainly a consideration with some people when deciding wether to buy a machine, cause once you have done that, pads are the main cost input. The machines themselves can last 20 years and  the chemical cleaning agent used often runs for $1/house or less on the small jobs.
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2004 at 4:58pm

OP Machines are perceived to be overly expensive in Canada. Approximately $3,000.00 but coming down in price. You use so little chemical it's almost insignificant. And pads sell for between 6 & 8 dollars U.S. funds.

I have a customer who purchases cotton toweling by the yard and has his wife on her sewing machine whip fifty or so up in no time at a very low cost. I had better shut up before I put myself out of business.

PS
The other factor in OP cleaning is that you require a lower wage earner. No water to haul, no hoses to wind up, no pump to break down, no heavy fuel cost and no freezing. A one man operation and because you are doing something different than most you can market at a higher price and get it while working out of the back seat of your car if you choose. Although I believe a van with a wrap is excellent advertising.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>