Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Avenger 210 Operating Manual

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brianmullan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avenger 210 Operating Manual
    Posted: 07/March/2009 at 3:56pm
Clap Hello Everyone - I am a wee Irishman in need of help. I just bought an Avenger 210 Truckmount on ebay. I picked her up in England and brought her back home to Northern Ireland today. I am delighted with my purchase, but I am also nervous. The guy whom I bought it off gave me a quick run through and he supplied a manual, which did not have any pictures of the machine which points out which buttons do what. I read that if the pump runs dry it will be wrecked. I have not tried to start the machine up yet. I would really appreciate anyones help.
brianmullan
Sponsored Links

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2009 at 5:13pm
Big%20smileHello Brian.. Post some pics and all of us can help you better.. Big%20smile

Smile Tongue Wink Cry Big%20smile LOL Confused Embarrassed Dead 
Clap Angry Ouch Sleepy Shocked Star Unhappy Approve Cool
brianmullan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianmullan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2009 at 1:30am
Hello John
Thank you for your reply. I do not know how to upload photographs yet. I have them in my pictures but do not know how to export to kleenkuip. Can you help?

John I see that you are an experienced Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner. I need advice from a man with your knowledge. The guy whom I bought the Truckmount told me not to put cleaning solution through it as it might damage the pump. He told me that plenty of prespotter and hot water only would do a good job. What do you think?

Brian
brianmullan
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2009 at 10:53am
I think he may be right???
Just My opinion
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2009 at 11:25am
I owned an Avenger 33 for many years, what do you need to know? Pretty simple machines.
Could somebody just clean my carpets!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianmullan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2009 at 11:35am
Hi Doug
I will follow his advice and keep my machine in tip top condition.

Now to the matter of prespotters. The guy whom I bought the Avenger 210 Truckmount told me that Hydramaster supply first class prespotters. When the prespotters are put on is it beneficial to "rub or dab" them in?

I want to offer my customers a top end service where the carpet is left dry soon after cleaning. Can anyone recommend a good Air Mover?

Which brand of Carpet Protector is the best? When is the Protector best applied to the carpet? I have so many questions of all you experienced Carpet And Upholstery Cleaners. I have heard the buzz about Tile and Grout Cleaning. Is it a profitable service?

Brian Mullan.
brianmullan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianmullan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2009 at 11:54am

Hi Hammy

Thank for getting back to me about the Avenger 210. It looks like a great machine and I bought it with the Rotovac Powerwand so I will be offering a Top End service to my customers.

The guy who sold me the machine told me not to put cleaning solution through it otherwise I might damage the pump. He said that good quaity prespotter and then hot water through the extractor was the best solution. What do you think?

I have an operating manual which has no pictures of the main control switches and valves. The guy who sold me the machine gave me a quick run through; most of which I have forgotten. I read on the manual that if the pump runs dry it will be badly damaged. I am nervous about operating the machine for the first time in case I do damage something. But I will take my time and do everything slowly.

The machine I have bought is old but according to the hours worked gauge it has only done about 350 hours work so hopefully I have bought a good one.

Brian Mullan.
brianmullan
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2009 at 12:28pm
Phoenix air movers are the best IMO, but you have to use stands for top drying, otherwise I would go with the Drieaz airmover with the stand attached.

Protector is best applied after the carpet is dry if using solvent but not very practicle. 99% apply after cleaning

I never ran chem through my pumps, Hydroforce with your prefered presray and rinse with soft water if you can.
Could somebody just clean my carpets!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianmullan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2009 at 12:54pm

Hi Hammy

Thank you for your advice, I appreciate you taking the time to help me. You mentioned soft water. Why is soft water better than hard water? Can I buy an additive to soften the water? How do I ensure that my water is PH neutral?
Hammy I am asking a lot of questions because I really want to get it right. I cleaned carpets years ago when I was in my 20's so I have some experience, but my knowledge was never that great and I could not build a successful business. I am older and wiser and a great believer in selling top quality services to customers and charging top end prices.
Have you any experience of the Rotovace Powerwand? It looks great on U Tube.

Brian Mullan.
brianmullan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianmullan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2009 at 1:04pm
Hi John
Thank you for replying to my enquiry. I do not know how to upload photos to this forum. I tried doing it the usual way but was unable to browse my pictures to upload the correct photos. Can you help?
The Truckmount looks great, it is old but only has 350 hours work on the gauge.
I will take my time and take a whole day to finding out how she works.

I was told that it is best to prespot only and run hot soft water in the extractor. Is that the way you operate?
John I have a million questions that I could ask a man with your experience and hopefully I will be able to keep in touch with you over time.

Brian Mullan.

brianmullan
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2009 at 1:14pm
If you are using a good pre spray you do not pre spot you only treat any spots left after cleaning. You are wasting time and if your pre spray doesn't remove almost everyting then get another one.
Just My opinion
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2009 at 1:17pm
man you need to learn how to walk before trying to ride a bike? go to the search engine on this site alot of this is thrashed over and over again on previous posts just read and be happy?
Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianmullan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2009 at 1:38pm
Hi Doug
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my enquiry. You are obviously what we here in Northern Ireland term " a bit of a clever d**k!" Perhaps I should call you Doug the d**k from now on. What do you think?

Brian Mullan.
brianmullan
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2009 at 4:07pm
a idiot begging for info should speak with a little respect?  maybe you should attend a cct class rather than trying to scam all the info for free? Or is that how people in your neck of the woods operate? Oh by th way that name has already been taken thanks anyway
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>