Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

shag issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midlo777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shag issues
    Posted: 11/May/2009 at 5:37pm

I cleaned a carpet today that had a wine/vomit stain after someone got sick over the weekend. The carpet was a fairly new shag with no other issues other than the stain. I rinsed and extracted first to get out the solids and surface stain. Then I poured my pre-spray directly on the stain and extracted with a water claw to get out anything in the sub-floor and pad. Most of the stain came out after rinsing again with my stair tool. What did not come out I steamed out and was successful getting out all the stain. What I noticed was the area I worked on looked different than the remaining carpet. Looking up close I noticed the fibers apeared frayed and not looped together as the remaining shag does. The question is can stains be treated on carpet like this without fraying the carpet? Will it come back together somewhat as it dries or is walked on?  Are other cleaning meathods recomended? Is this just the nature of this carpet and nothing else can be done?
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/May/2009 at 8:28pm
You were way to aggressive and caused pile distoration.  From your discription of the end result I would say you were anything but successful.  the stain belongs to the customer the hole belongs to you?
Just My opinion
sgordon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2010 at 1:34pm
I agree with Doug. It sounds like you agitated the carpet too much. Did you scrub it with a brush? 

One thing I'm very careful of is to not make my customers problems into my problems. 
I think the key here is to give the customer reasonable expectations before ever starting on the job in writing. 
Carpet Repair From Coast to Coast.
If you need a carpet repair expert or you are a carpet repair expert, call me!

http://www.creativecarpetrepair.com
xtreme7424 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtreme7424 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2012 at 1:56pm
Sounds like you need a carpet repair!

http://x-treme-carpet-cleaning.com - x-treme-carpet-cleaning.com

Lavon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lavon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/June/2017 at 5:17pm
Yes you need to have that area patched. Take a piece from the closest and use that piece to patch hole. I would hire someone with carpet repair experience
 Post Reply Post Reply