Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

red wine white wine?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2004 at 2:13pm

Terry,

Red Wine and White Wine...

Somebody just had to meet the challenge.

Proxi Stain Remover and Deodorizer for Carpet and Upholstery

I have removed the Red Wine with Proxi and drank the remainder of both the red and white wine.

Who the hell wants to tell their customers that white wine will work. Then they won't need you. Looks like you need Proxi for this job. Does anyone smell a subliminal advertisement? I can't tell as I am too pissed and still seeing spots.

P.S. Next Day
I think it still may work because when I relieve myself it was kinda white.

Sponsored Links

surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2004 at 6:20pm
Alright,

So I ended up doing the test:

Approx 1 oz Shiraz upended on a Nylon carpet and left to dry for 3 days. Wine had penetrated the backing.

Treated part of stain with a Chardonnay: applied to white towel (as you would a 'spotter).  Transfer of colour through two applications.  Third showed no transfer, so I saturated part of the stain, left 10 minutes.  No further transfer of colour, stain about 75% faded.

Treated part of stain with Demineralized Water using above method.  Simular results with simular effort.

Treated remainder of stain with a neutral spotter.  One application got the whole doggone thing out.

Due to variations in wine, carpet, and product, your milage may vary.

My opinion? White wine did no more or less then water in reducing the stain in this instance.

-Allen
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2004 at 6:27pm

Good effort Allen. 

You know Ted didn't even offer me a drink. Maybe we should do a enzyme test of his stomach, I wonder which bottle knocked off each other down there.

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 2:03pm
Adwa you know that Red wine goes to your head
surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 6:20pm
But if you drink the champagne REALLY REALLY fast, the bubbles won't make you burp!

Hey Terry, did you end up doing the experiment as well?

What did you find?

Just wondering...

Allen
terry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 9:06pm
Ted never drink alone .
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2004 at 11:37am

Here is the answer in a very short video

Click here for video

greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2004 at 8:26pm
proxy, spray and walk away. i love the stuff. i wouldn't drink it though.
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/October/2004 at 1:48pm

Hi greg,

I like your slogan - I will use it

Proxi Spray & Walk Away

Glad to see you like it.

greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/October/2004 at 5:45pm

do you think i should charge him for that slogan steamer.lol don't give nothingaway right.. and for the record i've had clients tell me they use white wine on red wine, but as soon as the stain occurs, not after it dries.

greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/October/2004 at 5:46pm
lol thanks ted.....and no charge.
ollie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2005 at 12:40am

Ted

Try this, go down to a wine makeing shop and ask for Potassium Metabisulphite. Put 1 or 2 tbs in a small spray bottle with water.Spray the area, blot and watch what happens. It's used to clean the used wine bottles.I have used it on carpets and Upholstery. It cost around  $5.00,the stain will disappear.

Ollie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12