Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

red wine white wine?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: red wine white wine?
    Posted: 20/September/2004 at 10:02pm
Could somebody pls tell why white wine will take out red?
Thanks Terry
Sponsored Links

surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2004 at 6:36am
I've not heard this one.  Have you just picked up a rumour, or have you tried it?

All red wines have different amounts of tannin in them.  I imagine that in white wines, some are more acidic then others.

This 'white takes out red' pholosophy doesn't SOUND like it will work... but stranger things happen.

Is it supposed to be when the spill is fresh?  That would make a bit more sense...

I'm buying a bottle of good Barossa Valley red tomorrow.  Cab Sav, or Shiraz?  I'll go the Cab Sav.  Then I'm going to pick a nice dry white from the Southern Vales of South Australia.

Then, ladies and gentlemen, I'm gonna drink them.

Will someone spill some on the carpet & see if it works?  I'll toast your experiment.

-Allen
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2004 at 1:37pm
something too do with the bubbles... it's the bubles.... soda does it too... anything white and has been carbonated
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2004 at 3:44pm
So Champagne, and not white wine? Last time I checked... white wine did not have bubbles.  I'll check again though.  I've heard the 'soda water' thing.

How does that work?

Oxidisation Lite?

I did buy a bottle of red & up-ended about a third of the bottle on some of my samples, then I upended the rest into my gullet & was unable to drive down to pick up a white.

Allen
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/September/2004 at 7:14pm

Funny Allen but I can't believe you wasted a third of the bottle. Couldn't you of just used a few drops.

It's easy to see you were drinking alone. 

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2004 at 1:41am
I also had a couple of beers to keep me company.

!!!
Allen

terry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2004 at 11:40pm
THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE HELP.

I will go some place that people might help me.
TALK THE TALK . B.S .I'LL GO MAED MONEY.
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2004 at 12:16am

I believe Terry that Steamer and Allen gave you an explanation as best as they could to your question.

How many different answers would you have preferred. There is a post in the archives on home remedies maybe you could find your answer there. That is if you have the time after you make your money. 

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
terry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2004 at 12:31am
Adwa .
Home remeedies is not what i'm looking for .

Next time i'm at a client i'll tell them to try a home remedy on the

carpet.

gut
terry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2004 at 1:10am
Just one.
The one that tells me why?????????

thanks A

Edited by terry
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2004 at 8:18am
Terry:  I would help you out if I could out which way you came in.  The probem if people don't understand the question.  How the hell are they gong to understand the answer????????????Guitar
Just My opinion
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2004 at 4:15pm
terry,

You asked about why white wine will take out red wine.

You didn't tell us why you wanted to know (ie: is a customer asking you? Do you want a valid reason to keep wine in your truck? You tried it and were surprised? You tried it and it didn't work and you want to know why? Or you just heard about it and were too lazy to try it yourself?

So: did you try it?  You tell me if it works.  If you want me to do your field research, then I charge for that service.  Cost: 2 botttles of wine + $100.00 per hour for trial time + $50 for converting observations into a special report for you.  You should be able to get out of this with spending less then $450.

Want a cheaper option?:

Give me the material safety data sheet for the wines in question, the type of carpet, and the length of time the wine has been on the carpet, and I'll make a reasonable theory about why it will work.

Want a better option?

Get 1 x bottle red wine + 1x bottle white wine + 1 x carpet.

-Allen
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2004 at 4:45pm

Terry,

In spotting you always fight fire with fire. What this means is if you have an oil spill you dissolve the oil in another type of oil being your spotting chemical of choice. Water generally will not remove oil and oil will generally not remove water stains.

So wine dissolves wine.

Enough invisible white wine will dilute the red wine and soak it to the back of the carpet and out of sight.

So the solution to pollution is dilution.

If you believe this you will believe anything. Who knows, stranger things have happened.

terry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2004 at 12:01am
Thanks Ted ,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>