Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Recoiling over the Recoil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canoer5222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2010 at 11:09am
  Right ! Airwatts not airspeed .Me bad
[There is IMO much more to building a good portable than just adding more vac motors and cords]
     Many are pushing the limits of the tank thickness for what it is designed for when replacing Vacuum motors and not just on the Recoil. The motors Ed chose are very reliable with adequate performance and matched well with his system. No recalls (Mytees booster),electrcal mishaps (Mytee) bad customer service (ditto) etc..
   I personally would not making any changes without consulting Cross-American.

Sponsored Links

Grutzy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grutzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2010 at 12:36pm
LOL. Some of your rationalizations for the poor design are borderline hilarious. You don't expect me to believe that hogwash, do you?
canoer5222 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canoer5222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2010 at 12:50pm
ALEXARZ
  Of course not !!
   Check out www.Rhinopower-usa.com . That is one great setup/website !!! Check it out on Manta.com also this company is doing great.!!!!

Grutzy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grutzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2010 at 12:57pm
Again, you are wrong. That's not my business, despite your attempts to do things to attack me, you are failing miserably and it is becoming increasingly obvious that Mr Ed is pulling your strings.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2010 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by grimel grimel wrote:

Originally posted by Grutzy Grutzy wrote:

LOL. Apparently he left the carpet soaked and felt horribly about it.

Had he trained his tech properly, the original porty would have stayed in use and he wouldn't have had a problem.
Thats a damm good reason y every truck should have a rotary onboard. Pad Cleaning
$hit happens! Hits the fan
TA152H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TA152H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2010 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by alexanderS alexanderS wrote:

I believe the last time I was teased about my name was in the 8th grade! What
is the matter with you? Is that all you can say? You are not getting anywhere
on this forum or any other. There is no secret to my identity! I am not hiding my
identity . You are! 

TA152H . Actually the new Power Booster from Cross-American can be hooked up
in series if one wishes to do that. It is very easy to do. Basically there is a 3 inch access 
that takes a minute to remove then you attach a hose from the vacuum inlet to the
exhaust of any kind of portable. 137 " H2O Lift. This could be beneficial for someone
needing to do flood work. Especially if it is down in a basement. Perhaps in some situations it is more beneficial to get more lift that more CFM. So the CA Booster
is both for inline and in series!

Jan,

Yes, I saw the booster had that feature, but the Mitey-One, or whatever it's called, that has the 100 PSI and can be used as an ultraportable or a booster, seems to have lost this feature, which is disappointing.  I'm going by the website when I say that.  Maybe you know more than this, having sold them.

TA152H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TA152H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2010 at 12:31pm

Originally posted by Grutzy Grutzy wrote:

"Prime the Porty"? What are you referring to? He had problems with weak vacuum power not being able to extract water from the carpet. While Locko is not the expert that some think he is, he certainly has enough common sense to ascertain whether or not his machine is overwetting the carpet.

Go back and READ his post and follow up posts.  His newish techs that HE trained didn't know how to prime the pump on the porty they started using.  His solution wasn't to take a minute to try it himself to see if it was a quick fix or other issue.  His solution was to have them tear down the initial portable and set up the Recoil that was known to have some unsolved issues.

These (for practical purposes) untrained techs could have done an adequate job with the broken Recoil, but, they had (apparently) never been taught how to slow down to compensate for a crippled machine.  Sometimes, a crippled machine is your only option so you might want to consider teaching a tech to check the carpet and keep doing dry passes until it's sufficiently dry.

Wow, you're really discrediting yourself.  Between this and your explanations for the Recoil, I'm realizing you have no sense at all.  Did you reread what you wrote?  Incredible poor rationalizations.

But, let's go to this one.  You're a very, very confused man.  Sadly.

There are two parts to this story, about Locko.  Try to process this information clearly, without pushing them together.

Yes, Locko had a "technician" who didn't prime the pump for another machine.  This has nothing to do with the problem.  The problem was when Locko went to the Recoil, it failed miserably.  You then extrapolated from that to say the machine was crippled, when there is no data supporting it.  In fact, the owner of the forum told any owner, or the owner of the company, he'd pay to have a Recoil shipped, to see if Locko's portable was flawed, because he was sure it was not.  Clearly, you're a shill for CA.

Now, let's go back to your point on small hoses.  I respect the fact you TRY to sound smart, but, sadly, lack the genetic gifts to pull it off.  Still, a fine effort.  As far as I can tell, you are saying that thinner hoses can offer more air watts, since lift goes up, or whatever.  Or you are indicating that he uses less power?  Either way, you're not looking deep enough.  Some vacs, including the 116765-13, use more power with .875 opening than a 2 inch opening.  So, restriction doesn't automatically mean less power use, but in this case probably does since the restriction is before the terminal point, although the amount would be insignificant.  Also, it's the terminal point that effects the lift.  If you have a restriction, then go wider, and try to lift from that new wider point, you'd have slightly worse characteristics across the board.  

With the choices of motors Ed made, I don't think he needed to worry about restriction in that way.  He was very conservative with their power use to begin with.

Also, there's absolutely no documentation or proof to indicate that his choice of motors are more reliable.  In fact, documentation I have read indicates that Ametek motors should last between 500-800 hours, LH motors, 500-1000, and Domel 800-1000.  So, advancing unproven and unsubstantiated suppositions without supporting facts doesn't do it.  

Let's hope someone doesn't respond to this with some anecdote from Joshua Bloomblatt, saying his Recoil worked great of 56 years, before one of the screws started to tarnish a little (but it was his fault, since he shouldn't have used Sulfuric Acid to clean it.  But, of course, the acid did nothing else to the machine, it's so reliable, etc...).

Grutzy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grutzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2010 at 4:56pm
LMAO! Grimel, you really took an a$$ whipping there.
canoer5222 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canoer5222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2010 at 5:06pm
  AGREE !
                    175 rotary a must have !
grimel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grimel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2010 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by TA152H TA152H wrote:

Wow, you're really discrediting yourself.  Between this and your explanations for the Recoil, I'm realizing you have no sense at all.  Did you reread what you wrote?  Incredible poor rationalizations.

There are two parts to this story, about Locko.  Try to process this information clearly, without pushing them together.

Yes, Locko had a "technician" who didn't prime the pump for another machine.  This has nothing to do with the problem.  The problem was when Locko went to the Recoil, it failed miserably.

You have what is called a logical fallacy.  Had the Recoil didn't fail.  LOCKO failed.  Had he trained his techs properly there would have been NO problem.  Locko screwed up.  Then had them use a piece of equipment he has repeatedly posted has a problem (that's mistake number 2).  Then he posted the Recoil let him down.  LOCKO let Locko down.

Quote You then extrapolated from that to say the machine was crippled, when there is no data supporting it.

Locko has REPEATEDLY said his Recoil wasn't right.

[quote]Now, let's go back to your point on small hoses.  I respect the fact you TRY to sound smart, but, sadly, lack the genetic gifts to pull it off.  Still, a fine effort.  As far as I can tell, you are saying that thinner hoses can offer more air watts, since lift goes up, or whatever.  Or you are indicating that he uses less power?  Either way, you're not looking deep enough.  Some vacs, including the 116765-13, use more power with .875 opening than a 2 inch opening.  So, restriction doesn't automatically mean less power use, but in this case probably does since the restriction is before the terminal point, although the amount would be insignificant.  Also, it's the terminal point that effects the lift.  If you have a restriction, then go wider, and try to lift from that new wider point, you'd have slightly worse characteristics across the board.  [/quote}

Have you ever looked at the performance curve for a vac motor?  Larry Cobb explained it repeatedly.  Sorry you missed the point.  The most efficient, thus most power comes from the highest product of the lift and flow.  That is NEVER at closed or full open.  For most of the vac motors I've been interested in buying the sweet spot is some where around 1.5".   So, if you want the most air watts (again, see what Larry Cobb has written about air watts) you need a restriction.  For the short length of hoses involved the distance between the motor and the tank is insignificant.

When you start to understand the difference between theoretical and real world design you might grasp what people have been trying to tell Locko (and RA) nicely for at least a couple of months.  The sad part is one of them posted the EXACT reason why the internal hoses don't need to be 2", yet, either they didn't read the posts or didn't understand the posts.

If you really believe what you are saying about vac motors you are with Locko in what you don't know being being more important than what you think you know.
When all else fails, read the directions
Grutzy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grutzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2010 at 6:11pm
Grimel, the problem with the Coil crowd is that they never face a debate head-on. Instead you Coil Cult members dance around in fairyland, reciting make-believes and rosey poems of hope. Meanwhile, the real world is calling your name and you and your like-minded brethren pretend not to hear or feel the inertia that is taking you down.

The time has come for Mr Ed to step to the plate with some open-minded awareness and fix his machine. After all, it must be exhausting for you poor fools to defend that relic.
TA152H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TA152H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2010 at 9:31pm

Originally posted by TA152H TA152H wrote:

Yes, Locko had a "technician" who didn't prime the pump for another machine.  This has nothing to do with the problem.  The problem was when Locko went to the Recoil, it failed miserably.

You have what is called a logical fallacy.  Had the Recoil didn't fail.  LOCKO failed.  Had he trained his techs properly there would have been NO problem.  Locko screwed up.  Then had them use a piece of equipment he has repeatedly posted has a problem (that's mistake number 2).  Then he posted the Recoil let him down.  LOCKO let Locko down.

Quote You then extrapolated from that to say the machine was crippled, when there is no data supporting it.

Locko has REPEATEDLY said his Recoil wasn't right.

[quote]Now, let's go back to your point on small hoses.  I respect the fact you TRY to sound smart, but, sadly, lack the genetic gifts to pull it off.  Still, a fine effort.  As far as I can tell, you are saying that thinner hoses can offer more air watts, since lift goes up, or whatever.  Or you are indicating that he uses less power?  Either way, you're not looking deep enough.  Some vacs, including the 116765-13, use more power with .875 opening than a 2 inch opening.  So, restriction doesn't automatically mean less power use, but in this case probably does since the restriction is before the terminal point, although the amount would be insignificant.  Also, it's the terminal point that effects the lift.  If you have a restriction, then go wider, and try to lift from that new wider point, you'd have slightly worse characteristics across the board.  [/quote}

Have you ever looked at the performance curve for a vac motor?  Larry Cobb explained it repeatedly.  Sorry you missed the point.  The most efficient, thus most power comes from the highest product of the lift and flow.  That is NEVER at closed or full open.  For most of the vac motors I've been interested in buying the sweet spot is some where around 1.5".   So, if you want the most air watts (again, see what Larry Cobb has written about air watts) you need a restriction.  For the short length of hoses involved the distance between the motor and the tank is insignificant.

When you start to understand the difference between theoretical and real world design you might grasp what people have been trying to tell Locko (and RA) nicely for at least a couple of months.  The sad part is one of them posted the EXACT reason why the internal hoses don't need to be 2", yet, either they didn't read the posts or didn't understand the posts.

If you really believe what you are saying about vac motors you are with Locko in what you don't know being being more important than what you think you know.

Grimel, I sense you're not smart enough to understand stuff this complicated, but I'm really going to try to get this across to you, because I think once you get it, you'll repeat it and hopefully educate other people.

You make a mistake that's easy to make, probably because you're repeating what you heard, and not really understanding it.  So, let's get you to really understand it.  

I mentioned it in my original post, but I'll go into more detail, which hopefully will make more sense.  I probably should have in the first place.

OK, what you're not understanding is the difference between a restriction at the terminal point, and a restriction at an intermediate point.  I hope I can explain this properly.  But, let's say you took the air watts at the 1.5 inch pipe end.  You'd have more air watts, if you just left it open in the air.  Your CFM would be lower, but your lift would go up.  Overall, more air watts, on every vac motor I've seen.  But, that's not where it matters.  You're not pulling up water there.  Instead, we attach to a 2 inch hose, and then to the wand.  Now, if we were to take the reading at the end of the 2 inch hose, after the 1.5 inch hose, you'd actually have low lift there, and higher CFM, like a 2 inch hose.  The difference is, you'd be lower on both than a pure 2 inch line, because you have more loss in the hose.  The benefit to lift on partial restriction is at the terminal end, not an intermediate stage which only weakens the suction.  

Now, if this is still too complicated for you, let's picture it with a simple vacuum cleaner line.  Let's say I have a big opening with full air flow.  I can't pick up much.  For example, picture trying to pick up an 8" diameter heavy ball with a flat headed vac hose, (i.e. the typical hose we use).  Because you have so much airflow from the sides (since the ball is round, and the head is flat), it can't really pick it up effectively.  Now, let's say we shape the end of the hose to conform to the curve of the ball, and lessen or stop the air flow, and create a seal.  Now, it can pick up the ball.  Notice, this is the terminal of our vacuum system.  Now, let's try this same thing, and pinch the hose in the middle, so its only got half the air flow.  You can't pick up as heavy a ball.  So, intermediate restrictions do not help at all, they only hurt.

Your remarks about Locko, etc..., are uninformed.  Whatever was going on with his other machine is non-sequitur, we're talking about the Recoil only.  He had a hole in the side, which was fixed.  The other problems you're bringing up aren't clear, but at any rate, Rob said he'd pay to have someone ship a Recoil to him for testing, and no one did.  This offer extended to Ed V. himself.  Ed would have done so if he felt Locko's machine was not performing as designed.  After all, it was free of charge.  

Grutzy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grutzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2010 at 9:49pm
It would also have been very beneficial for Mr Ed to clean up the image of the Recoil so I think he would have sent one if he expected it to be substantially better than Locko's wretched Recoil. The problem was that Locko has other portables for comparison, even if they are somewhat low grade and yet the Recoil caused him pain and suffering due to weak performance. On the other hand, Locko's machine could have had some issues like collapsed internal hoses, a leaking waste tank lid, old vacuum motors or something else. I doubt the Recoil is completely unusable like Locko made it sound. I agree that it needs a load of refinement but I think based on its components that the performance is adequate and better with a booster. Locko's Recoil probably has some problems with it but the Recoil is definitely lacking lift due to its design and probably not getting the highest efficiency out of its internal hoses and connections.
Ed Valentine View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Specialist
Carpet Cleaning Specialist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Valentine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2010 at 9:15am
"Grutzy...or Alex;

I'm so glad that you know so much about the RECOIL System. However, we will continue to employ upgrades to this most popular system as we have for over 34 years now. And, NO we are not going to change our way of engineering such an efficient machine only because  of your Arm Chair engineering assumptions, or those of the self imposed, Jamie. We will only improve the performance way above others who (must believe) blowing circuits is a fun thing to do.

You see, it isn't I who won't confront these issues because I have done so as many many other --ACTUAL--users have from all over the World. However, you sir, have not wanted to listen and accept them as true testimonial. You continue to call these hard working users names ,like a little kid, and refer to them as a Cult.  But, that is your problem and not ours.

If our system wasn't a great one and system that others seem to try their best to clone, I don't think we would be in their (or your) cross-hairs, period. And, I doubt you would have spent so much time spewing either.  So that says alot.

Also, I clearly remember---but you failed to mention to those reading----- (btw, I believe we might have your correspondence in our files) many e-mails from you persisently asking to purchase the RECOIL-3XPS system over the Rhino offered by Mr Ken Harris. However, you were sold on price and we wouldn't "match" that price, because  you could not afford the shipment/freight. Do you remember that, sir?

Your references to collapsed hoses, non seal lid, cheap tanks, and so on are completely false and fabricated in an effort to prove creditability however, you really exposed your lack of knowledge and adgenda. Therefore, that doesn't fly. Ofcourse, not to mention slamming my personal reputation either.

Isn't it strange that the RECOIL Systems (Used or abused, or new) over the past 34 years have never had the reputation as many other brands have, of having problems after problems, nor do you ever find tons of them for sale as you do others? Yet, your ploy here is to label this great system as a failure?! Now, that's a real laugh.

Hummmmm.  I think you had better warm up that baby bottle once again.

OK, your turn-LOL!

The very best;
Ed Valentine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>