Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Portable that lives up to a truck mount??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2010 at 8:21pm

You might want to ck out the unit first.. Start it up.. Test it out..

If it has frozen and he dont tell you ....  you are out 7500! Unhappy
Sponsored Links

Atlantis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlantis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2010 at 10:15pm
Great advice! I'm going to go with the new Panther. The other one is too much bullsh*t.

I checked out Amtex too. The machines look good but I've heard they are not well put together. There is a youtube video called "Prowler POS" hahaha. Plus, Chemtex has the dual heat exchangers and the water box to circulate the water ;). No bypass on the wand, the way it SHOULD be!

You know, I've never shopped around so much for machines. Last time, I didn't expect to get the Panther 25. I was upgrading from a Ninja so anything was better at the time so I bought the Navigator. This time, I've been SHOPPING! And there is one thing that I've noticed. All of these machines are virtually identical. Same blower, same engines, same everything. Some are just WAY overpriced (Hydramaster, Prochem, etc). At least the cleaning models. Sure, you can get something like the Prochem Everest which has a 4 cylinder Honda engine.. but that's just flat out ridiculous if you're not running 500 ft of hose!
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/July/2010 at 12:53am

Remember if you do any flood extraction and you dont have a pump clutch you have to hook up water and it has to flow.. So get yourself a weep spay wand (carwash type).

They constantly move water (weep) without pressing on the trigger, so your unit dont overheat and shutdown. Your unit should have a overheat shutdown feature to prevent engine damage. Most TM's do.

Good luck on your new TM.

Weep spray gun.......

Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/July/2010 at 12:06pm
If you were not in such a hurry I would have told you to save your money till Connections. There is a new high performance portable going to be there with 4 - 3 stage vacs and 500 psi pump that is as strong as some gas TMs. Will be selling for a little over $3000 too. But you probably have your new purchase by now so I guess that one will not help you.
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!
A1 ChemDry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A1 ChemDry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2010 at 11:00am
I have one of these that I use for cleaning hard surface floors but it is a carpet cleaning machine also http://www.carpet-cleaning-equipment.net/usproducts-kingcobra.shtml My guys like it and you do not have to keep filling and dumping the unit it has water hook ups for filling and dumping.

Hope this helps, sorry to hear about your truck.

Fort McMurray Carpet Cleaners http://www.a1carpetcleaning.net
And a proud member of http://www.homeprosgroup.com
Atlantis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlantis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2010 at 11:07am
:)
Alexarz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2010 at 10:14am
I didn't bother to read through all of the posts in this thread but let me clarify something after my recent acquisition of a Mytee M5. Based on the M5 being one of the strongest present day portables, I would say that they are not close to the performance of a good truckmount, such as a ProChem Peak.

If you own a Recoil and think you have adequate vacuum power, you are kidding yourself. You need to modify these portables and arrange things so that you get more lift out of them. I have been using ProChem truckmounts for years now and compared to the standards that I am accustomed to, the portables of today leave the carpet soaked.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2010 at 2:35pm
I agree, no portyCarpet Cleaner today can match the power of todays TMs.

Alexarz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2010 at 4:06pm

Apparently I was having a problem with an internal vac hose kinking on the Mytee M5. Once I corrected the problem, the vac power was much better. However, I would still prefer some added vacs placed in series with the two vacs in the machine. To be honest, the truckmount power is not all that more substantial and I feel it is within reach of this Mytee M5 with some modifications. The Mytee M5 certainly has enough power to do excellent work and when one considers the many advantages of a high powered portable, it is well worth considering as an option.

eclipse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eclipse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2010 at 9:10pm
New Eclipse Quad 500 Model: 4 Vacuum Motors w/ 500psi Adj. Pump. Produces around 340" Water-Lift. Monster Suction!!

awesome machine i used one for years

Tile and grout cleaning fort lauderdale
TA152H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TA152H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2010 at 12:37am
Originally posted by eclipse eclipse wrote:

New Eclipse Quad 500 Model: 4 Vacuum Motors w/ 500psi Adj. Pump. Produces around 340" Water-Lift. Monster Suction!!

Four vacs, each with 85" lift, do not pull 340" lift when used together in series.  There are very significant losses.  You'd be lucky to be pulling 240".  Not that that is bad.

Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2010 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by TA152H TA152H wrote:

Four vacs, each with 85" lift, do not pull 340" lift when used together in series.  There are very significant losses.  You'd be lucky to be pulling 240".  Not that that is bad.

240" sounds about right. More importantly though that combination is very weak in cfm production. In use it gets no higher than 50 cfm. There are better machines that produce much more.
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!
Grutzy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grutzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2010 at 8:39pm
50 cfm's is dreadful. Why is it so low?
TA152H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TA152H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2010 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Ken Harris Ken Harris wrote:

Originally posted by TA152H TA152H wrote:

240" sounds about right. More importantly though that combination is very weak in cfm production. In use it gets no higher than 50 cfm. There are better machines that produce much more.

Ken, 

You need to get your Titan x4 (2 x 2) out.  The reality is, there aren't really great choices out there.  Basically, the choice is between lift and cfm, and you can't really get both with what's available.  It's time for you to change that.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>