Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Microfiber towels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flinspector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Microfiber towels
    Posted: 30/August/2010 at 7:06pm
I was told using microfiber towels worked well at removing spots from carpets.  I'm concerned rubbing the carpet may damage the fiber.  Has anyone else ever used microfiber towels to remove spots? 
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2010 at 9:44pm
First  of all you don't rub the carpet regardless of what you are using to spot?Ahhhh!!
Just My opinion
flinspector View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flinspector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/August/2010 at 8:54am
I assume you based your response on the fact that the rubbing of the fibers may damage the texture and the fiber and remove any stain resistance in the fiber.  Is this a correct statement?

story333 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote story333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2010 at 7:35am
Rubbing the carpet will only grind the spill more deeply into the carpet's fibres. The treatment of spills will vary with the materials of the carpet and the substance spilled.
Best thing to do is scoop up any solids and use something absorbent to soak up any liquid. After that blot the spot with white towels or rags.
It's best to use professionals when you have any stains on your carpet. Many amateurs do harm by overdosing on harsh, but ineffectie cleaners.
 Post Reply Post Reply