Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaning Tips and HOW-TO-SECTION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Rotary Shampoo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rotary Shampoo
    Posted: 09/August/2004 at 1:43pm

Rotary Shampoo

Rotary Shampoo

Theory

Rotary shampooing si one of the oldest methods of cleaning carpet on location. In recent years, it has received undue criticism from promoters of steam extraction cleaning. Rotary shampooing, when used properly is in fact a very effective system for cleaning carpet. Rotary shampooing utilizes a 175 RPM rotary floor machine equipped with a solution tank and shower feed brush. After thorough vacuuming, the carpet is scrubbed while a shampoo solution is fed through the shower feed brush, which suspends soils. Early shampoo formulation were responsible for leaving sticky residues causing accelerated resoling; however, the synthetic detergent formulations available today have minimized this problem. Modern shampoo formulations such as Kleen Kuip's Kuik Dry Shampoo dries to crystalline residues that can be easily vacuumed out of the carpet.

Following shampooing wet vacuuming with wet dry vacuum equipment is optional. This step in the shampooing process is commonly overlooked. The best results are achieved when the carpet is rinse extracted after shampooing; however, the possibility of over wetting is increased. Following drying, thorough dry vacuuming is important to remove loose soil and crystallized detergent residues. Grooming or pile setting is also very important as the carpet pile is distorted from the scrubbing action and if allowed to dry, will have an uneven appearance.

Advantages

• Very economical to use.
  • Low equipment and chemical cost.
  • Relatively high production rates can be achieved.
  • Excellent agitation produces deep cleaning and chemical distribution producing good overall cleaning results.

Disadvantages

• Over wetting and pile distortion can occur with careless operator. (Improperly scrubbing or incorrect brushes are a principal cause of pile distortion.)
  • High level of operator skill required for best results.
  • Residues can increase resoiling if improper chemicals are used.
Sponsored Links

kevinj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2014 at 6:00am
I totally agree, back in the early 80's this is exactly how i did it, used my rotary 175 machine with tank and and shower fed brush followed by rinse and extract with my portable extractor, Great results every time. Todays chems are a lot better and portables have certainly improved tremendously.You just have to know what your doing and make sure not to over wet. Some times i just use my wand, sometimes i use my roto vac 360i sometimes i use the 175 rotary and the extractor. Depends on the carpet type and condition, and off i go

johnfisher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2015 at 3:23am
Well, that was a great information. I haven't used it enough for the
carpet cleaning. There are some more chemicals and cleaning agents which
remove the dust and dirt from it. I have hired cleaning service team
for the cleaning
 Post Reply Post Reply